INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree  (Read 24566 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree
« on: January 01, 2006, 07:48:48 pm »

snapperocks asked this by PM:

Quote from: snapperocks
Hi Alex  :)
Thanks for your reply and your intercession for All Media icon.
I'm sorry I'm not that computer savy all I know is I downloaded that build with no Library browser apparent then when i couldn't find my thousands of data cd's i have laboriously named and categorised. i freaked out and beat a hasty retreat back to an earlier version, where fortunately i recovered them under restore library.
My question is is it possible to access them under this new scheme, as I do like to keep up with the changes on MC and can I get All Media under a view scheme with the advanced option.
Would you explain how to do this in the simplest terms please.
Kind Regards
Noel

My A:
Quote from: Alex B
Hi!

I have currently "All Media" and "CD database" available in MC 11.1.90. Making the view schemes is very simple. I am quite busy just now, but I will post instructions later in the public forum so others can benefit the information too. I will quote your question if that is OK for you.

Regards,
Alex

Here are the instructions:

1. Select Playing Now in MC tree
2. Select Add View Scheme in the Edit menu
3. Configure the new view like this:

4. Right-click the new "All Media" tree item and select "Add View Scheme"
5. Configure the new child view like this:

Pick files to show > open the drop-down list > select: Modifier > Database Location > CD database:

You can also make the CD database as a root item (Start with the step 1 instead of 4).

6. After making the view schemes the tree should look like this:

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

snapperocks

• World Citizen
Re: How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 02:54:08 am »

Thanks a million Alex  :) :)

This is exactly what I needed to know about MC's latest and greatest innovation so I don't get left behind.

nlc

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 05:31:13 am »

Every time I need to create the All Media scheme, I always forget that I have to go to the Edit menu on the main bar instead of using the right-click on Playing Now (for now, anyway).... and this post always reminds me how to do it right. Cheers, mate.

Ekpen

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 03:53:55 pm »

Please modify this topic on how to for MC 15.

I tried to do this with the latest version of MC, I had to back out of it for fear I might be doing something wrong.
I hope to use CDs in my mega changer, DVD on Sony 777ES. Will like to create ALL media type, including Blu-ray.

Thanks.

George

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 04:07:35 am »

In case someone else finds this thread, Marko has posted a comprehensive reply for MC15: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58072.msg393391#msg393391.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up