INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is MC for me?  (Read 928 times)

sgordon

• Recent member
Is MC for me?
« on: January 02, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »

Recentlly purchased Ipods, XBox 360, Net FIle Storage Device for my family to store all media.  I would like to have XBox control media from my server and allow my family to use thier Ipods for portable music.  Ideal to store music is best quality 'lossless'  and same for videos.

Basically have a high quality archive that can be used anyway I want, Ipod or TV Video. Can this all be done with little effort?

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
Re: Is MC for me?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 08:00:11 pm »

That depends on what you consider to be little effort.

If you're looking for a one button solution to all your media needs, you're not going to find it.
That said, it is my opinion, and just about everyone else around these forums as well I'm sure, that MC will get you where you want to go. It may take a little bit of tinkering on some levels, more on some than others. However, the end product will be a home media system that you can all use.

Starting here in the forums was the best first step you can make. This place has been a wealth of information for myself and many other users here. The best part about MC is its devolpers and user community. Don't get me wrong, MC is an exceptional program, but I probably wouldn't like it near as much if it didnt have the developer and community support that it has.

So to answer your question: Yes, MC will do what you want, but you will have to work at it a little bit. However, anytime you hit a wall, you can post your questions here, and chances are youll be moving on a matter of minutes.

So, make your voice heard, we'll all do what we can to help out.

Anyone else want to chime in here. Im starting to sound like I'm on J River's payroll..
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 09:42:47 pm »

I wholeheartedly agree with Jarred!

When you do have questions, be as specific as possible and supply as much relevant information as you can so the folks that have the knowledge in the area of your query can give the most intelligent answer.

You might want to take a peak at Mastiff's website (the multi-zone guru): http://home.powertech.no/mastiff/multizone.htm

...and by all means have fun! :)

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

sgordon

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 11:30:36 pm »

Where can I find the AAC codec for IPod?
Pages: [1]   Go Up