INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Painfully Slow  (Read 838 times)

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View Painfully Slow
« on: January 03, 2006, 01:25:19 am »

I am revisiting MC Theater Mode for some of my needs and having been toying with it a lot today.

However, it is *incredibly* slow to load album images.  Whereas views in Normal mode load images instantly, in theater mode it can take several minutes to load images for even a small view.

Is this typical?  I havent used this mode in some time...

Is there some indexing or something I might have missed.

Much thanks...

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Painfully Slow
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 02:57:05 am »

Is your art stored as part of your file tags or outside? I did notice slow image loads when I had album art stored inside. Changing this made things move a lot quicker for me.

Is your album art local or on a network share? If you havn't used Theater View for a while, I bet it's loading album art into it's cache. It shouldn't be slow after this initial process tho.

Ray

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Theater View Painfully Slow
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 10:38:32 am »

I tried unchecking store images in tags but it did not make any difference to performance.

I also assume it is building a cache with the image files and it moves very well once all images on the screen are loaded.  However, if I give it several minutes to load all images in a view, let it sit for a couple more to ensure the caching is complete, and then exit that view and go immediately back in, the whole slowdown begins again (it doesn't remember the images even though I have not entered another view in between)...

The images come up instantly in the main view in all of my views now so I was expecting that snappy performance to carry over to Theater View as well...
Pages: [1]   Go Up