INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11.1 questions and problems  (Read 880 times)

andyb

MC11.1 questions and problems
« on: January 04, 2006, 08:50:19 am »

Hi, first thanks for developing a great media player -- refreshing change from MS. Apple etc.  I've downloaded the 30 day trial but will most likely purchase after it expires.  Best feature for me is the ability to browse albums, I've got over 500 ripped (legal!) lossles, and browsing via pictures is so much better.  Anyway...

Found a couple of problems with the beta:

1) Sometimes some of the album covers get "lost", and revert to text desriptions.  If I quit media player then come back in they're back OK.  Can't figure out any pattern here, seems a bit random, but maybe cos I've got > 500 ?

2) I imported about 100 videos, then when browsing via thumbnails of the videos, performance of media player was killed, even playing music would stutter.  Fixed this by choosing one of the options to automatically generate the images upfront, but really would nice if it didn't do this

3) Browsing these video's by thumbnails eats of a *lot* of memory -- around 200 Megs.  Can this be made more efficient please?

4) Browsing ripped DVD's by Album cover would be really nice -- is this possible?

5) Support for my USB Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2.  I read on another posting this wasn't supported...but every other application I've used works fine with it..any plans to support this? 

Thanks again for a great product.

Andy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11.1 questions and problems
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 08:59:52 am »

1) Sometimes some of the album covers get "lost", and revert to text desriptions.  If I quit media player then come back in they're back OK.  Can't figure out any pattern here, seems a bit random, but maybe cos I've got > 500 ?
It's not a problem with the number.  There are users who have 200,000 plus tracks.  I don't know what it could be.  If you learn anything more, please start a thread on the problem.

2) I imported about 100 videos, then when browsing via thumbnails of the videos, performance of media player was killed, even playing music would stutter.  Fixed this by choosing one of the options to automatically generate the images upfront, but really would nice if it didn't do this
This may happen during the initial period when thumbnails are being built, but is your library on a network drive or a USB drive?
3) Browsing these video's by thumbnails eats of a *lot* of memory -- around 200 Megs.  Can this be made more efficient please?
Shouldn't happen, but may be related to the previous problem.
4) Browsing ripped DVD's by Album cover would be really nice -- is this possible?
Depending on the file type, you may be able to pause the video and right click to create a thumbnail.  This isn't possible with types that MC plays by using the WMP or Quicktime control.
5) Support for my USB Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2.  I read on another posting this wasn't supported...but every other application I've used works fine with it..any plans to support this? 
Did you try it?  Can you copy this to a new thread on the TV board here?  Yaobing will see it and respond.  You could also try a search.  I believe it can work.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC11.1 questions and problems
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 09:55:10 am »

Bought the same Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 last spring. Yaobing confirmed at that time that this external TV tuner was not working with MC11 and nothing has changed since then, so I had to revert back to Pinnacle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up