INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.102 Release Candidate  (Read 5886 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.102 Release Candidate
« on: January 19, 2006, 06:08:23 pm »

This is a late pre-release version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111102.exe

11.1.102 (01/19/06)

1. Fixed: The handheld option "Get data from handheld on connect" was not saving properly.
2. New: Media Center TV now supports Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 device.
3. Changed: With Media Center running, plugging in a fully synced device set to "Auto-sync on connect" will message the user that the device is synced.
4. Fixed: Pressing "Alt" while MC was loading could cause a crash.
5. Changed: Sync mode "All" no longer sends playlist groups. (instead, just playlists and smartlists)
6. Changed: Switching handheld options in and out of sync mode adds / removes the relevant options to the bottom list.
7. Changed: Improved handling of playback zone switching while in fullscreen mode.
8. Changed: Increased auto-show menu delays in the library view header by 33%.
9. Changed: Library view header view scheme picker menu uses nesting for long view scheme lists.
10. Changed: Typed list navigation searches the last clicked column in a list instead of doing a quick search. (use Ctrl+Q for quick search)
11. Changed: Clicking on a fullscreen bar resets the mouse and bar hide countdown. (like moving the mouse does)
12. Fixed: Action Window playlist duration displays were not formatting correctly.
13. Fixed: Saving handheld options with no handhelds could cause a crash.
14. Changed: Ctrl+F / Locate switch to the root Audio / Image / Video / User view scheme if in a non-root view scheme.
15. Fixed: When changing the search, the panes now reset their selection instead of maintaining the same selection they had with the previous search.
16. Changed: Added option to import results dialog to show in-depth report. (dialog is sizable)
17. Fixed: CD burning would fail on some systems if the burn queue was displayed (and status updates were extremely slow).
18. Changed: Tweaked the list of stock smartlists in the tree (fewer) and choices in the "Create Smartlist" dialog (more).
19. Changed: Podcasts are now assigned a Track # when downloaded, so they appear on handhelds in date order.
20. Changed: Podcasts moved to "Services and Plug-ins" (may change)

11.1.101 (01/17/06)

1. Fixed: The handheld option "Get data from handheld on connect" was not saving properly.
2. Changed: The status column is always shown in a handheld view. (instead of just when there are queued files)
3. Fixed: After some actions (like erasing files) the handheld view panes would not update to match the list.
4. Fixed: The sync on connect / startup option was not working as expected.
5. Fixed: When connecting a handheld device, the handheld's Action Window will autmatically be shown.
6. Changed: When disconnecting a handheld, the associated action window will automatically close.
7. Fixed: Podcast web pages sometimes opened outside the MC window.
8. Fixed: iPods with podcasts uploaded from iTunes could cause a crash.
9. Changed: When Media Center fails to load a cached thumbnail, it resets itself so it rebuilds the thumbnail.
10. Fixed: Restoring a library wouldn't reset the thumbnails from the previous library, causing some thumbs to not appear.
11. Fixed: Changing a selection in the panes would not reset the scroll position of the bottom list when showing a new set of files.
12. Fixed: Playlists were not transferring to portable devices correctly.

11.1.100 (01/16/06)

1. NEW: Photos uploaded to an iPod now support NTSC output to a TV.
2. Fixed: Some older firmware iPod photos wouldn't properly display a photo slideshow.
3. Changed: Files on a device show "Delete On Sync" in the status column when they're flagged for removal.
4. Changed: Play counts and ratings are now synchronized back from a device in a worker thread when the device is connected. (instead of blocking the program)
5. Fixed: Delete playlist confirmation from the iPod plugin only showed an 'OK' button.
6. Changed: Some tweaking of handheld menus.
7. NEW: Added "Options" button next to "Sync Now" button for handheld views.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.1.102 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:08:38 pm »

To switch to the new default smartlists, delete "Smartlists" from the playlist tree.  Then right-click Playlists and pick "Create Stock Smartlists".

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:36:52 pm »

Please add a horizontal/vertically Scrollbar to the tree, with long paths it would be simply better.

if i go on disk location and the path am very long, i must make the window unnecessarily large.

By all other players is it better with one scrollbar on the tree, as windows media player, winamp etc.

see the screen !
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Sauzee

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 07:21:28 pm »

To switch to the new default smartlists, delete "Smartlists" from the playlist tree.  Then right-click Playlists and pick "Create Stock Smartlists".

will that delete smartlists that we have created ourselves?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 07:23:42 pm »

will that delete smartlists that we have created ourselves?

You would want to move user-created smartlists out of the "Smartlists" group before deleting it.

EpF

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 07:33:00 pm »

8. Changed: Increased auto-show menu delays in the library view header by 33%.
9. Changed: Library view header view scheme picker menu uses nesting for long view scheme lists.

14. Changed: Ctrl+F / Locate switch to the root Audio / Image / Video / User view scheme if in a non-root view scheme.
15. Fixed: When changing the search, the panes now reset their selection instead of maintaining the same selection they had with the previous search.
Thank you very much for these! ;D

Sauzee

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 07:59:10 pm »

Fantastic! Thanks.

EpF

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 08:15:02 pm »

In smartlists, date ranges are not working; i.e. [date imported]=1d-7d. I tried it with d1-d7 as well - no dice.

Also, the cursor is missing when editing smartlists or in the search bar.

In regard to the 'Locate' function; any chance that, when hitting 'back' from a locate, the previous selections and scroll-position could be restored?

Edit:
Related to my last point, when you hit 'refresh', selections in the panes are also reset now - is that intended? It wasn't like that in previous versions, which was better.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 08:54:19 pm »

Thanks.  I appreciate it.

BTW, "Library view header view scheme picker menu" is quite a name for a feature.   :P
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 11:29:34 pm »

Thank you Sooo much  :D

lOth

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 11:59:38 pm »

where is the 'disconnect after' setting gone? (used to be in the handheld options)?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 02:27:40 am »

every file in my library show a [date imported] as some day in January 1900. See the file info section of the tag info window. The filters appear to still work correctly, ie. [date imported]=<1d lists only the files I just imported, despite the action window claiming an import date of 1900/01/19

>>15. Fixed: When changing the search, the panes now reset their selection instead of maintaining the same selection they had with the previous search.<<

open a view scheme, with say, 3 or more panes. filter the list down by clicking through the panes to the right, nice short list. Select a file.
Now go back to the left-most pane and click on "all".
Huge list of files, and somewhere in that list, that file is still selected. Should the selection not be reset in these situations?
If not, could we please have a quick way to get to a 'nothing selected' state?

ctrl+q
when in library browser, ctrl+q searches on either the top half or the bottom, depending which has focus. This resulted in ctrl+q returning zero results for a search on a file that was in the list. the problem? focus was still in the top half, but there is no indication of this. The user must keep a mental note of mouse clicks.
could ctrl+q not search both top and bottom, discarding one of any duplicate results?

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 02:55:41 am »

Changing the album tag of an image does not force the image to be resynced with the handheld.  This is important because it is the only way to organize images on the iPod.

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 03:06:49 am »

Issues with ACC file playback.
New thread: AAC Playback Question

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 03:15:44 am »

The new Stock Smartlist: "100 Random Songs" doesn´t have the filter "Audio Only" and it shows videos, photos...
Go to linux

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 04:28:56 am »

after starting MC, the first time I right click the display and hover over 'set display' or click on the display bar, there is a pregnant pause before the menu appears, during which, I hear the internet explorer 'navigation' sound, I'm sure the screen refreshes too, certainly, theres a very quick 'flicker'

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 04:48:03 am »

Please add a horizontal/vertically Scrollbar to the tree, with long paths it would be simply better.
if i go on disk location and the path am very long, i must make the window unnecessarily large.

+1
See the link below:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28958.msg208543#msg208543

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 06:16:09 am »

every file in my library show a [date imported] as some day in January 1900. See the file info section of the tag info window. The filters appear to still work correctly, ie. [date imported]=<1d lists only the files I just imported, despite the action window claiming an import date of 1900/01/19
I have correct info for a random sampling of files.
However, I use US Display for date, etc.

EpF

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 08:05:15 am »

Quote from: marko on Today at 08:27:40 AM

I have correct info for a random sampling of files.
However, I use US Display for date, etc.

Not using U.S. display here, date imported is displaying correctly.

However, this is not working:
Code: [Select]
formatDate([date imported,0], dd//MM)&DataType=[Month]The day numbers are not displaying in the correct order; they're showing up like this:
16/01
15/01
14/01
17/01

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 08:40:28 am »

I'm seeing Media Center active in task manager after it has been closed.
Just started looknig for it today after seeing it forced closed at restart.

It is doing >something< as there is 8-15% CPU usage.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 08:45:40 am »

BUG:

MC will not output streaming audio (Web radio for instance) if ASIO is selected as Output Mode. Switching Output Mode to Direct Sound or WaveOut corrects the problem. ASIO output works just fine with local files (FLAC, MP3, etc.).

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 08:47:13 am »

MC locks up for about 20 seconds when syncing to Handheld (Dell DJ) after you press the Sync button in the AW Handheld pane.  During this time, MC is unresponsive (you can't click anywhere in MC).

When I'm syncing just playlists (3 lists of 65 tracks each) (no tracks have to be transferred), MC locks up for 20 seconds (Sync button freezes in the down position) and then you finally see the progress bar and the playlists sync in just a few seconds.

I think it's a bug that it locks up and MC is unusable.  Seems like it should still be responsive while it's thinking or whatever it's doing and show the progress bar doing 'something'.

I did do a Debugview with all events enabled and while MC was paused for the 20 seconds (from the time I clicked Sync) there was no (none) debug messages, then a bunch msgs and the sync completed in less than 2 seconds (of the 3 playlists).

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 08:56:18 am »

Can we get some intelligence in the amount of storage required estimate on the handheld device if compression is to be used.  Currently MC is refusing to sync to my empty iPod because it claims I am 23gig over capacity.  While this is true for the native files I wish to transfer (all FLAC) they will be compressed on the fly and easily fit on the iPod, but MC won't even attempt this because it doesn't consider the compression option when generating the anticipated storage requirements.

Cheers,

Mark

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 09:11:23 am »

I'm seeing Media Center active in task manager after it has been closed.
Just started looknig for it today after seeing it forced closed at restart.

It is doing >something< as there is 8-15% CPU usage.

Use logging to see what it's shutting down.

pank2002

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 10:29:28 am »

When transferring pictures to the iPod with MC, date-tags aren't transfered. Thus, it says that pictures are taken in February 2040, which they are clearly not :)

My pictures are shot with a Canon and the tag shows correct within MC.

This ought to be fixed before 11.1 is released (IMO, of course).

Edit: If pictures are transfered manually they can only be found if you use search, I think. They are, at least, hard to find, which is bad if you want to delete them. It would be nice if there was an 'image-link' when you click on the iPod (i.e. like playlists, artists, albums etc.)
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up