INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.111 Release Candidate  (Read 4318 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.111 Release Candidate
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:29:47 pm »

This is a late pre-release version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111111.exe

11.1.111 (02/01/06)

1. Changed: Removed Folder.jpg filtering on import.
2. Fixed: In-place editing the name field could start with the text scrolled to one side.
3. Optimized: Improved the speed of playlist transfers to a handheld. (still limited by handheld speed)
4. Changed: Video iPods now understand that they support m4v files.
5. Changed: Dropping files on MC that it can't parse / play no longer plays what was already in Playing Now.
6. Changed: Revised the columns shown in a CD view when doing an audio burn.
7. Changed: Reworked the data burning Action Window page.
8. Changed: Changing pane selections no longer presevers the selected file set in the file list.
9. Fixed: With Media Center maximized, switching from standard view to windowed view and back could leave an orphaned taskbar icon.
10. Changed: MC no longer attempts to play MP4 files with DirectShow, but instead always uses QuickTime. (too many buggy mp4 filters)
11. Changed: If attempting to test if a file can be played with DirectShow doesn't respond, MC will not try that file type again during the current run of the program. (to side-step buggy filters)
12. Fixed: Last Exit View works now.
13. Fixed: Default podcast filename is now [ymd] [title] instead of [ymd] [name].
14. Fixed: Podcast download now accepts the suffix of an Episode URL if it looks like a valid media type.

11.1.110 (01/31/06)

1. Changed: Podcast browser window now recognises pop-ups and allows them to open outside the program.
2. NEW: Added a feature to disable automatic Podcast episode downloads.  Does not affect click-to-download operation.
3. Changed: Re-enabled list selection by drawing a marquee box on the list.
4. Fixed: ~Fill smartlist rule for filling a handheld was not working properly.
5. NEW: Added a "Recheck Sync" option to a handheld view header and action window options menu to allow a sync to be recalculated. (after manual playlist / file info changes or if you want different random files from a smartlist)
6. Fixed: iPods wouldn't understand that they natively supported m4p files.
7. Changed: In-place editing wouldn't select the full string when the drop list showed <too many to list>.
8. Changed: During an upload, the status of files queued to be deleted would be shown as "On Device" instead of "Delete On Sync".
9. Fixed: Playlist change or delete only syncs were not being properly allowed. (so you'd have to transfer one file to get the device in sync)
10. Changed: Files converted during handheld upload will always get an image saved in their tag if the format supports it.
11. Changed: Updated the Alt+1...9 shortcuts to mirror the current tree structure.
12. Fixed: Faulty DirectShow filters could cause MC to hang during import or playback.
13. Optimized: Faster iPod initialization times.
14. Changed: The Incomplete Shutdown Dialog will only show after two (or more) consecutive incomplete shutdowns.
15. Changed: Added a hard-coded Podcast Mime-to-file-extension table in Media Center, because some users appear to have incorrect Windows registry entries to do this.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
Re: Media Center 11.1.111 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:41:11 pm »

Get it on!!!!

This is one of the best minor builds I have ever seen!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:55:07 pm »

8. Changed: Changing pane selections no longer presevers the selected file set in the file list.

still not working here. I'm also needing 2 clicks on 'all' in the left-most pane before it activates, and when the list is finally loaded, the previously selected files are still selected.

perhaps it needs a reboot? I won't be able to do that 'till the morning though.

EpF

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 04:33:18 pm »

still not working here. I'm also needing 2 clicks on 'all' in the left-most pane before it activates, and when the list is finally loaded, the previously selected files are still selected.
I'm not having this problem; looks like persistent selection issue is resolved! Woohoo!  ;D

jlharing99

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:46:54 pm »

I am still having the problem that it will copy both MP3 and M4P files to the iPod but the M4P files will not play.

Edit:
I solved the problem by syncing one time using iTunes that seems to have authorized the iPod to play the M4P files.  So this seems to be an authorization issure with a freshly formated iPod.

I am having a problem now if I sync all the songs then later make a playlist using songs that are already on the iPod MC says there is nothing to sync.

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:05:58 pm »

Something very strange... Just try it:

On a View Scheme, just change some configurations (Customize Current View), like thumbnails size, etc, in order to make the View scheme not having default settings.

Then, "Edit View Scheme", just change the name of the scheme.

And then the configuration is the one by default!!

Just re-name the View Scheme like it was just before, and the Custom display setting are like before !!

Strange, isn't it?...

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 09:16:06 pm »

My smartlist sync issues with my iPod appear to have been addressed in 11.1.110 and 11.1.111.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31645.msg217559#msg217559

No more flakiness.  Yay!!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 09:35:12 am »

I am having a problem now if I sync all the songs then later make a playlist using songs that are already on the iPod MC says there is nothing to sync.

Press the "Recheck Sync" button in the handheld view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 10:00:39 am »

4. Changed: Video iPods now understand that they support m4v files.

Yeah!!!

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 10:10:09 am »

I'm experiencing the poor tagging performance again when tagging within a view scheme - getting the "loading panes..." message which can last for a couple of seconds for any sort of tag change.

Sauzee

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 02:29:18 pm »

Also noticed that Control & F from within the root view scheme takes a lot longer for the cursor to go to the search box
Pages: [1]   Go Up