INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track names with French accents on vowels don't display correctly on import  (Read 2712 times)

aidanjm

• Recent member

e.g., if I import a track into Media Center with the name:
08 Césaria Évora - Carnaval De São Vicente.flac

Media Center will display the artist name as:
Césaria Évora

and the track name as:
Carnaval De São Vicentee

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

oops: not just French, also other European languages, anything with accents on the vowels :)

edit: I am using 11.1.111, this was also a problem for me with earlier versions

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

That may be a Flac issue.

aidanjm

• Recent member

That could be true.
I think you are right, I looked for other examples and only found the corrupted display with my flac files. Accents, graves, etc. seem to be displaying correctly for my mp3 files.

Eg other examples

15 Rinôçérôse - Machine Pour Les Oreilles.flac

The artist name displays as:
Rinôçérôse1s 1

04 Stéphane Pompougnac - Green Tree.flac
Artist displays as:
Stéphane Pompougnac

Is there anything that can be done to remedy the problem? What do you mean when you say it is a flac issue - that the problem lies with the coding of the flac converters or decoders?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Check the website for the plug-in.  There may be a newer decoder than you have.

I'll move this to the right board.   Just look for scthom's site in one of the FLAC threads there.

scthom

aidanjm, I saw your other message where you changed to 1.4.  I tested your text (via cut and paste) and it works -- I think now the problem is you need to re-save the tags and/or update the library.

Be sure to differentiate between the MC library, the filename, and the tags inside the file (e.g. File Type Info).

If the library is correct (has correct name, etc) then do a Library Tools->Update tags from library.  You can see if it's right by checking the File Type Info display.

If the library is not correct, but the filenames are correct, do a Library Tools->Fill Properties From Filename, then update the tags as above.

If neither the filename nor the library is correct, then you'll have to re-enter the info into the library until they are, then update the tags as above.

aidanjm

• Recent member

aidanjm, I saw your other message where you changed to 1.4.  I tested your text (via cut and paste) and it works -- I think now the problem is you need to re-save the tags and/or update the library.

Be sure to differentiate between the MC library, the filename, and the tags inside the file (e.g. File Type Info).

If the library is correct (has correct name, etc) then do a Library Tools->Update tags from library.  You can see if it's right by checking the File Type Info display.

If the library is not correct, but the filenames are correct, do a Library Tools->Fill Properties From Filename, then update the tags as above.

If neither the filename nor the library is correct, then you'll have to re-enter the info into the library until they are, then update the tags as above.

thanks for the tips, scthom. :)

I will try your recommendations, and let you know how it goes.

aidanjm

• Recent member

I updated the library from the files, and the accented vowels are now displaying correctly. thanks for your help, scthom. :)

scthom

I updated the library from the files, and the accented vowels are now displaying correctly. thanks for your help, scthom. :)

Great!  (Don't forget to save them back to the tags in the files!!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up