INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD burning problem  (Read 1392 times)

Dragonlance

• nothing more to say...
CD burning problem
« on: June 23, 2003, 04:37:23 am »

I tried this forum before without success - a 2nd try now. I'll appreciate any tips!!

When I try to burn a CD from a playlist or whatever, the write preparation phase kicks in and after it analyzes a couple of tracks I get this message: "Error: 'Start DAO Recording' command failed on device 1:0:0. Unable to set Recording Speed."

My CD Writer must be supported because I didn't have any problems in the past. Once I got a message telling me that a setting (I don't remember which one), would create problems while Recording, and I was prompted to change this setting - thinking it would be wise. Now I am wondering!! I have reinstalled after removing all the registry entries and I can`t find any way of changing the settings so that I can burn with this program.

Any Ideas?

Thanks  

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: CD burning problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 06:57:43 am »

check the cdrom manufactures site for updated drivers.  you might need to replace a driver file or something.  also what kind of cdrw drive is it.

i had to just up and replace the toshiba drive in  my other computer as it would not work at all  even with updated drivers.

it also was working fine and then just stopped like yours did.  

so if yours is a toshiba also.  then that i say is the trouble if not  then i would guess there is some bit rot on the driver for the cdrw drive or somewhere esle.

that is all i can think of sorry if none of it helps. :-[
roving cowboy / keith hall

Dragonlance

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 09:19:47 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I have a Samsung writer. It works fine with other burning programs, e.g. Nero. It just won't work with Jukebox anymore. I tried it again last night - same error. I'll check into a driver update. Thanks again!

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 03:10:47 am »

i have the new samsung cdrw. (  feb. or march this yr.) and it is working fine.

so i hope it is just the driver update. ;D
roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up