INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.127  (Read 2092 times)

Gene

• Recent member
  • Mountains Speak to Me
Media Center 11.1.127
« on: February 22, 2006, 06:58:00 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111127.exe

11.1.127 (2/22/06)

1. NEW: Added an option to keep selected podcast episodes forever.
2. Fixed: The number of Podcast episodes and file sizes were not computed correctly in auto-download computations.
3. Fixed: Resolved some ambiguities in the podcast episode status field.
4. Changed: Added some additional podcast feed keep options.
5. Fixed: Internal cover art for OGG files could get extracted with extra data at the end of the file.
6. Fixed: Large internal cover art images (1.5 MB or larger) could cause crashes with OGG files.
7. NEW: Updated the OGG input plugin to use all the latest OGG code.
8. Changed: Plugins that error or crash during tag reading or writing are less likely to bring down the entire program.
9. Fixed: OGG tags could have an extraneous external image file field saved.
10. Fixed: possible(rare) buffer overrun in Library Server, UPnP Server and TiVo Server.
11. Fixed: With "Eject on close" enabled for an iPod, the iPod would also be ejected after a sync.
12. Changed: Saving or deleting a view preset and then pressing "Cancel" will still preserve the preset changes.
13. Fixed: Action Window > File Properties > File Playlists didn't nicely handle playlist creation / renaming from inside the Action Window.

11.1.126 (2/21/06)

1. Fixed: The syntax checking for "Rename From Properties..." wouldn't let advanced expressions function. (i.e. "[Album] - FormatDate([Date, 0], yyyy-mm-dd)")
2. Fixed: In rare cases, multi-threaded DB access could cause issues.

11.1.125 (2/21/06)

1. Changed: For digital TV only, if "Start digital TV in time-shifting mode" option is used, clicking Stop button will completely stop TV playback (instead of stopping only time-shifting and resuming regular playback).
2. Fixed: FF/Rew of TV in time-shifting mode did not work in build 11.1.124.
3. Fixed: Tooltips with blank lines did not display properly.
4. NEW: Podcast tooltips now show media file comments (usually episode description).
5. Changed: HTML (which is not used) is now removed from Podcast titles and descriptions, making them look nicer.
6. Changed: Improved handling of Podcast episode status and associated tooltips.
7. Changed: When WMDM fails to load, a message b   ox is displayed to explain that the system must be updated and that handhelds can't work without this.
8. Changed: Removed the nesting of the "Sort" menu in the Options drop menu of tile-style library views.
9. Changed: When changing the selection of a library tile, the scroll position of the files list at the bottom (if enabled) will be reset to the top.
10. Fixed: Tree > Handheld > Right-click > Options... wouldn't always show the options for the selected handheld.
11. Fixed: Mini-me could draw with no text if a skin specified a font that the system couldn't properly load.
12. Fixed: Send To > Playing Now > Add (shuffle all) didn't shuffle properly when targetting an inactive zone.
13. Fixed: The MRU menu item for "Play" wouldn't always function the same as the actual menu item when in Playing Now.
14. Changed: Added error message box for when user without admin rights tries to access the CD drive for ripping/burning.
15. Changed: Quick Find of cover art will work for DVD videos on hard drive with an image file in the same folder.
16. Changed: Switched "Jump Back 30 Seconds" to "Jump Back 10 Seconds". (for Girder and command line users, any time value can be passed as MCC 10034 and 10035)

11.1.124 (2/20/06)

1. Fixed: Incorrect bitrate was reported for streaming WAV files (from Library Server).
2. NEW: Put in expermental Export Playlist to Podcast feature.  (generates unusable URLs)
3. Fixed: Handheld plugin would not load properly on Windows 98.
4. Changed: Reduced the number of stops in the fast forward and rewind progression during DVD and TV playback.
5. NEW: Added "Jump Forward 30 Seconds" and "Jump Back 30 Seconds" as seek possibilities. (Player menu, remote command, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right)

11.1.123 (02/16/06)

1. Changed: Podcast Episode status now has better tooltips.
2. Changed: All tooltips now word wrap across multiple lines.
3. Changed: We now ignore all empty XML tags in Podcast Feeds. (CNN now works)
4. Changed: There are a few more Podcast feed download and keep options.
5. Fixed: Using custom command-line parameters for the MP3 encoder without specifying lame.exe at the front wasn't working. (now defaults to lame if nothing is specified)
6. Fixed: With DSP enabled and clip-control off, audio would not properly flat-line on overflows. (introduced in 122)
7. Optimized: Several more assembly optimizations to the core playback / decoding / conversion engine. (lower CPU usage, faster conversions, etc.)
8. Fixed: A timing message box could appear at the end of a file conversion.
9. Fixed: WAV streamed from Library Server was not played in MC's native playback engine.
10. Fixed: In rare cases DirectShow playback could crash when switching tracks.
11. Fixed: The podcast "file download" right-click option did not always do what you would expect.
12. Changed: Ogg encoding couldn't be done "on-the-fly".
13. NEW: Updated Ogg Vorbis encoder to version 2.8 (libvorbis version 1.1.2)
14. Changed: Library server uses less aggressive filename escapement. (only escapes unicode and non-printing characters)
15. Changed: Library server escapement is applied just-in-time instead of on library load.
16. Fixed: Typing invalid custom command line parameters into the MP3 encoder could cause a hang when doing a conversion.
17. NEW: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar!)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 11.1.127
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 12:43:36 am »

Seems to be a problem with 'saving for all locations' customize current view.  When I set it for the files at bottom section, it saves it for them, but then resets the panes list view to default and all sorting and tile sizes are reset as well for the library views. 

Saving to 'similar locations' does not seem to work very well either.

I know this is truning into a rant, but I hope that the settings like sorting for each vew scheme and node within a view scheme can be saved in a library backup.

"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:05:20 am »

I know this is truning into a rant, but I hope that the settings like sorting for each vew scheme and node within a view scheme can be saved in a library backup.

What he said.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 07:08:14 am »

The input plugin does not fill the Compression field (this has not changed, but could you correct this now?). If the ogg files were converted from another format the old incorrect compression information is shown.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 07:55:51 am »

Minor typo. When saving a view "For This Location And Similar Locations", you get the message:

Are you sure you want (missing the word to) make all the child views look like this one? (this removes any other customization)
Jeff

uhb

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:05:58 pm »

5.1 channel oggs are still not working at all. mediacenter doesn´t play them at all for me. (not even "only" in stereo)

is it planned to add this feature? i have a growing collection of dvd-audio´s and dts-cd´s which i would like to convert to ogg5.1 and then play them with mediacenter.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 02:30:53 pm »

Due to the new naming scheme, or something else that has been tweaked, Podcast listings are being redownloaded and added to my lists as is they were never downloaded. I can't quite articulate it, so take a look at the 3 examples. Notice the filenames, file sizes, and Names. Its very strange. Check the links below.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

On a side note, I feel that adding the date to the front of the Podcast's name is a little clunky and makes for unecessary redundancy.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up