INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New build issue = <too many items to list>  (Read 2348 times)

ronshock

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
New build issue = <too many items to list>
« on: February 24, 2006, 08:25:16 am »

Another irk with the latest build (11.1.121):

It seems something in the search aspect of  the database was changed.  Now when I start to type in an existing artist, it doesn't auto-fill the name.  AND when I click on the main tag fields of "Name", "Artist", or "Album" and try to use the drop down list, the only thing displayed is "<too many items to list>.

THAT HAS TO BE FIXED!  One of the draws to Media Center was it's ability to handle a large database.  Now all of a sudden it can't handle a large number of listings in a drop down? That's what the slider bars on the side are for!

PLEASE OH PLEASE fix this!!!!!!!

Thanx!

Ron S.

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Re: New build issue = <too many items to list>
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:34:10 am »

It all works fine for me.

Not sure how you figure 11.1.121 is the latest build, last time i looked it is 11.1.128

TC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 09:22:13 am »

The limit was bumped from 1000 to 2000 items a few builds ago.

We're doing this because Windows comboboxes get too slow with large numbers of items.  In a future version, we may use our own control (or v-data comboboxes) to workaround this.

Thanks for understanding.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ronshock

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 12:56:42 am »

TC,

Well I'm not sure about the latest & greatest version that is available for testing.

But a few days ago I got the "new version available" auto message when I fired up MC11.  So I clicked OK and let it update.

Now when I click the Help menu and click "About Media Center", it shows in the title bar of the dialog box "JRiver Media Center 11.1.121 (registered)".  I'm guessing that is telling me my current version number.  If that's not it, please let me know where I might find it.

Also when I click the Help menu and select "Check for Updates...", it comes back with "No updates available at this time".

RS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 07:44:59 am »

That's 11.1.121.  You can also copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

11.1.121 is the build on the downloads page.  11.1.130 is the latest in this thread.  We don't move every build from this page to the downloads page, since many of the changes don't affect most people.  We will again soon, though.  You can get an idea of how stable a build is by reading the release thread on it.  Just keep in mind that you will never find a build with zero problem reports since some problems are related to other hardware or software problems on the user's PC.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 09:55:20 am »

Sorry Ron, wasn't trying to be blunt, i forgot that not everyone downloads every new version thats available at the top of the forum page.

Hope you get it working like you want.

TC  :)

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 11:45:40 am »

<too many items to list> has come into play for my "record label" field.  It started happening with the build one previous to 11.191 (11.188 i think). 

The limit was bumped from 1000 to 2000 items a few builds ago.

We're doing this because Windows comboboxes get too slow with large numbers of items.  In a future version, we may use our own control (or v-data comboboxes) to workaround this.

Thanks for understanding.

will this be resolved with v12? anything i can do on my end to workaround this?  I would like to be able to use the auto-fill.

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 01:00:55 pm »

will this be resolved with v12? anything i can do on my end to workaround this?  I would like to be able to use the auto-fill.

Hi dNj,

I don't know if it will be fixed in MC12, but with the Public Beta of 12 it doesn't work, I'm just facing the same problem and therefore digged into this and found this thread.

Well, maybe I should stop buying music or simply don't convert every of my CDs into digital files ...    ::)

Regards,

Mighty A-MAN

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 01:13:03 pm »

Hi dNj,

I don't know if it will be fixed in MC12, but with the Public Beta of 12 it doesn't work, I'm just facing the same problem and therefore digged into this and found this thread.

Well, maybe I should stop buying music or simply don't convert every of my CDs into digital files ...    ::)

Regards,

Mighty A-MAN

My workaround has been to rip CDs into a library just for new rips.  I've been ripping my existing CD collection (classical first) so I went through my collection by composer and within that composer, by multiple copies of the same work.  The combo boxes got populated with the tag values I needed rather quickly.

I like to keep the newly ripped files separate from the main library until I'm happy with the tags.  I start a new folder, rip about 200 to 400 CDs and then move to a new folder.  When a folder is finished, I import it into my permanent library. 

My conditions may be different from your situation but perhaps the idea of a separate  library for new rips could be adapted for you.

Of course, I hoping that MC 12 will support longer lists.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up