INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is "Media Library"?  (Read 1162 times)

Tommy

• Junior Woodchuck
Where is "Media Library"?
« on: February 26, 2006, 01:10:12 pm »

I just updated to the latest version from 11.0.316. And I always customize the toolbar in the top of the window to include a shortcut to my "Media Library". It seems to be gone now, it is no longer available as an option when I chose to customize the toolbar. I really miss being able to just click a button to get to the Media Library with the search selected, makes it real easy to find the song you want really quick.

Am I the only missing that option? Why was it removed?

(Can't find anything indicating it has just been replaced by another shortcut...)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where is "Media Library"?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 01:32:38 pm »

'Media library has been merged with the library view: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30641.0

Click in the tree on the media format you would like to see and then if you want the classic pane view, simply select panes from the drop down in the new view system.

You can of course then save the location in the favorites navigation bar. ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 09:26:08 pm »

If I read Tommy's post right, I think he was asking about the old "Top Level" parent in the Tree, Media Library (as opposed to the Library Browser you were referring to Datdude).

Tommy.  It was removed as part of the Tree reorganization in 11.1 (I wasn't paying attention when it happened since I was getting married so I don't know what the reasoning was, try searching the forum).  However, if you want to define your own "top level" View Scheme that contains all of the media items (audio, video, and images) you can.  Then I'd use Datdude's suggestion of creating a Favorite to your View Scheme and it's pretty close to the same functionality (two clicks instead of one).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 09:33:09 pm »

Actually, I found a good thread here explaining the change, which also explains how to add a Root View Scheme to the tree.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Tommy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 01:50:33 pm »

Thanks for the reply glynor!

It made me find out about the shortcut "Ctrl + F" which does exactly (as long as I'm looking for Audio) what I'm looking for:

Shows the Audio-library and preselects the search-bar! (try for yourself to see what I mean).

And now I want to add this to the toolbar in the top of the window (right-click on any of the menu-items in the top of the window (File, Edit, View etc..) and chose "Customize toolbar". I can't find any option here to add a button to the toolbar which does exactly this function, that's what I'm really looking for. Have I missed this option somewhere since it was possible with the 11.0.*-releases?
Pages: [1]   Go Up