INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11.1 and Pandora Streaming Service  (Read 7901 times)

StarBand Guy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
MC 11.1 and Pandora Streaming Service
« on: March 02, 2006, 08:58:57 pm »

I just discovered Pandora.com. (email from SlimDevces - the "squeezebox" guys). I love it and am trying to get it to work from within MC using Theatre View and adding it to the menu as a web page.

The Pandora interface is flash, and I can't get past the logon screen.  It works fine in I.E. outside of MC.

Any suggestions?  Pandora is very cool and would be a natural tie in for MC. 8)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 11.1 and Pandora Streaming Service
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 09:05:39 pm »

I love Pandora as well, but how would you tie it in to MC that would make it better than simply opening up your Web browser?

I actually asked them and based upon their music licenses they have no way to integrate their system for personal library use.   If you could actually control what it plays then they would have to pay more money to the record companies.  But maybe that will change for Pandora soon...

"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

StarBand Guy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 08:19:16 am »

In Theater View, you have a screen of buttons (menu). Mine read something like Video, Photos, Chicago Sun Times, Weather, Phone Book, etc.  Some are linked to MC functions, some are linked to local files, some are linked to web pages which open in MC with navigation buttons for MC on one side.  The news and weather pages work fine, but Pandora, with its Flash interface does not.  I'd like to access it like the other options, rather than opening I.E. and running it outside of MC.

It's the wife and kids, don't cha know.  I've pretty much got everything else running with the Gyration Remote which is a wireless pointer/mouse for MC button selection.

StarBand Guy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 08:35:33 am »

NEVER MIND.  It's working now!

I have no idea why.  Maybe it just was just the logon part and once I had a cookie for that on the machine it bypassed the log-on.

Anyway, it's working as I wanted now.

edbro

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 02:08:58 pm »

Somebody got Pandora working in Winamp using a plugin I believe. Can this be done in MC?

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/05/listen-to-pandora-in-winamp.html

pank2002

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 03:26:59 pm »

Thanks for the link. Pandora's service is effulgent!

It would be excellent if Pandora was integrated into MC. Since there is a pop up version of Pandora it shouldn't be that hard, should it?
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 04:42:47 pm »

I just whipped up a real quick and dirty Pandora plugin for MC, and it sorta works, but not quite.

I got the player to come up and start streaming music. But for some reason the menus don't work right. I can get the menu for the first station to pop up, but then nothing on that menu responds. Not sure what's going on.

Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than me would be willing to give it a try. I won't have any time to work on it this weekend, but if nobody else comes up with something better, I'll see what I can come up with on Monday.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 04:57:04 pm »

Just in case it's just something funky with my PC, I'll let you guys download it and give it a try. Let me know if it's the same for you as it is for me.

Download

lOth

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 05:20:58 pm »

for those of you who want to use both pandora.com and last.fm at the same time:

http://pandorafm.real-ity.com/

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 07:24:45 pm »

Ya, found Pandora about 2 months ago, great little concept.

Once they start adding adds though won't be as good, of course to bypass the ads that's were the pay part comes in. Not sure if they have started that yet, haven't used it for awhile.

TC

NWLanding

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 04:53:45 pm »

Hey folks - new to MC but not to the technology. I have a Roku M2000 that is being served by Firefly but I going to start using MC for managing my library and TiVo photos. I'm re-ripping my library from mp3 to flac using MC.

Anyway I set my Firefly server up to broadcast a stream from Pandora to my soundbridge. There's a comprehensive set of instructions for doing this on the rokulabs forum @ http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5283&start=15&sid=34afa01fd7711442a54e3eb502f924b6

Courtesy of FoxCat I now use Icecast2 and Oddcast to stream what is playing on Pandora. I've tested it on MC and it works equally well on MC as it does on Firefly.  Just substitute the last step in his instructions to follow the process for adding a custom 'My Stations' in MCWeb Media

x86 PC - wired lan - Roku M2000 - Adcom GDA-600 DAC - Adcom GFP 715 - Adcom GFA-5400 - Dahlquist 907

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 10:58:45 am »

does this plugin still work? does it work with in jriver theaterview? if not could it be implemented into jriver theaterview, llike hulu and utube is?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up