INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding duplicate files to library question  (Read 1027 times)

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Adding duplicate files to library question
« on: March 15, 2006, 08:47:32 am »

This is my scenario: I have two albums I want to add to my library. There is one track which is on both albums. I want it to appear on both albums when I browse my MC library, but I don't want to have the file on my hard drive twice.

Currently, I get round this problem by ripping the track once and entering both the album names in the album tag like this: "Album1;Album2". This works but it's messy because while the track will appear in the MC library on both albums it can only have one track number and album cover art file.

So, I thought of a different method, but don't know if it's possible or how to do it. I was thinking of having a sort of dummy record in the library that points to the same file as another record. Two records would mean different track numbers and art but with both pointing to the same file on the hard drive. Anyone know if that's possible, and if it is, how do you get the second (duplicate) record into the library?

Ed.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Adding duplicate files to library question
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 09:03:05 am »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Adding duplicate files to library question
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 04:55:01 am »

Thanks Alex.

From reading that thread it seems what I want to do is impossible (except with CUE files, which I know nothing about and sound complicated).

I guess I'll just have to wait for JRiver to implement a proper solution, though I get the feeling it's not on their list of priorities!

Ed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up