INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.147  (Read 2522 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.147
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:07:51 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111147.exe

11.1.147 (3/16/2006)

1. Changed: Folders with only a Folder.jpg in them are no longer considered empty.
2. Fixed: When the "Automatically Import Files into Media Center" flag was set, Podcast media URLs were imported into the library.
3. Fixed: When Podcast media URLs were inserted in the library, it was not possible to manually download them.
4. Fixed: In the Podcast Feed windows, the Podcast ICON was resized to fill the window when you selected any Podcast episode.
5. Fixed: EXIF tags with circular links in them could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: The FLAC input plugin not properly supported, causing files to be set to zero length. (introduced in build 146)
7. Optimized: Several speed and memory optimization to grouping-style thumbnail lists.
8. Optimized: Improved drawing speed of core rendering engine used everywhere.
9. Fixed: Multiple bugs in the CD labeling program including a problem where the first preview worked, but nothing appeared on the second.

11.1.146 (3/15/2006)

1. Changed: The spacing between text and a drop arrow has been reduced.
2. Changed: If a search for Media Servers fails the previous or default library will be loaded (no longer includes offer to restore from backup).
3. Fixed: Windows Mobile devices were not retaining synchronization information.
4. NEW: When removing empty folders, folders with only a Thumbs.db or Folder.jpg in them will be considered empty.
5. Changed: The root of playlists now honors Access Filter settings.
6. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)
7. Fixed: Misspelling in the Download Manager.
8. Changed: WIA camera import gets video files off the device as well as images. (WIA doesn't have file extensions -- just WiaItemTypes)
9. Fixed: The fade-in / fade-out of text items in library tiles wouldn't look as clean as expected.
10. Fixed: Alpha on alpha drawing could produce strange effects in some cases.
11. Fixed: MC was not writing playlist information to some Windows Mobile devices.
12. Fixed: MC was not reading playlist information from some Windows Mobile devices.
13. Fixed: Digital TV in time-shifting mode could have access violations when switching channels.
14. Changed: Updated Spanish translation. (thanks ferent)
15. Fixed: JPEG tags would not be properly saved. (use Update Tags (from library) to force save of tags)
16. Changed: Image tagging errors are now reported like audio tagging errors. (instead of suppressing the errors)
17. Changed: Revised the "no thumb" image shown in library grouping views.

11.1.145 (3/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Top Hits and Recently Played playlists would display all zeros in the sequence column.
2. Changed: SDK lookups of library server filenames that have been hexified now work. (fixes issue with Cinemar + Library Server)

11.1.144 (3/13/2006)

1. Fixed: Command line usage wouldn't properly deal with quotes in some cases. (i.e. MC11.exe "/PlayReplace Zone=1|TreePath=Playlists\My Hits")
2. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks and happy birthday to ByteStar!)
3. Changed: "Save smartlist" dialog has a never ask again check.
4. Fixed: Copying from the search / smartlist box wouldn't always work as expected when dealing with friendly-formatted rules.
5. Fixed: Enter was not being properly routed to DVD menus in some cases.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on the fullscreen bars no longer toggles fullscreen mode.
7. Fixed: Thumbnails set to a large size (i.e. 256x256 wouldn't be drawn using the full area)
8. Fixed: Playing a DVD while images were playing could result in unexpected playback of both at once.
9. Changed: Updated player area text defaults to use "//" for slash. (double-slashes are required since slash is the escape character in expressions)
10. Changed: Tiles no longer animate through images or status information on mouse-over when Media Center isn't the focused application.
11. Fixed: Files added to a "Recent Playing Now" list would get autmatically imported.
12. New: Preliminary support for DVB-T digital TV (not fully tested).
13. Changed: The file list below a grouping of tiles uses the same settings as a file list below the panes.
14. Fixed: After resetting all views, the sorting "A to Z" for grouping views didn't properly show a checkmark.
15. Fixed: Once internet connection was dropped (and error page shown), service plugins would continue to show the error page even after reconnection.
16. Changed: Playlists no longer show access filtered files. (editing a playlist while files are filtered could cause filtered files to be discarded from playlist)

11.1.143 (3/10/2006)

1. Changed: Update the French translation. (thanks Tof!)
2. Changed: Updated all the translations to include the latest phrases from code, dialogs, etc.
3. NEW: Thumbnails now have drop shadows when drawing in lists or tiles.
4. NEW: Tiles links fade-in on mouse-over instead of being shown all the time.
5. NEW: Holding the mouse over the name in a tile will scroll through summary information of the tile.
6. Fixed: Podcast download/display/purge was confused by permanent database entries with a filename URL.
7. Fixed: The behavior for General\Double-Click and TheaterView\Jump on Play were not working correctly in languages other than english.

11.1.142 (3/9/2006)

1. Fixed: DVR-MS files were imported as audio.
2. Changed: Tiles use the full size when the stack contains one or less images.
3. Changed: Each time the program runs, a different image will be used for top image on a stack of images.
4. Changed: Updated Spanish translation. (thanks ferent)
5. Changed: When building thumbnails for a stack, all the top images will get built before working on underneath images.
6. Changed: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar)
7. Changed: Boxes no longer drawn around thumbnails.
8. Fixed: Under very rare circumstances, the media servers would prevent Media Center from shutting down.
9. Fixed: Switching views from the right-click of the library header bar could cause a crash.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

scthom

Re: Media Center 11.1.147
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:57:21 pm »

I just ask that in the future you post any plugin interface changes to the announcement here, so that we can at least be aware of the change and know to possibly look for problems.  I say that because there's nothing in the 146 changes to make one look.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:36:15 pm »

It was our mistake.  We didn't realize that any plug-ins used the reader.

EpF

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 11:56:07 pm »

2 bugs:

1 - GUI is doing some very strange redrawing things, with icons and toolbars and other elements disappearing and reappearing as the mouse moves around.
(Edit: It seems to have stopped now! It happened the first 2 times I opened it - curious!  ? )

2 - Something I've noticed for a number of builds now: When you stretch the right-most border of the right-most column in details view, you have to choose a different location in the tree and then switch back to see the results. This didn't happen in previous builds of MC, thought I don't know when it started. I know it isn't particularly important, but I use 2 monitors, and often need to stretch the last column as it often contains the filename, and it's very helpful to be able to stretch it to see the details of the name.

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 07:08:51 am »

I saw the menu go away also.  Restarted several times and still the same issue.  The menu would disappear.  Repainting during a large operation was also off.  I dropped back to 146 and all is normal.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 09:16:23 am »

We can't reproduce the menu drawing issues.

Any other clues?  Does switching skins matter?  What OS are you using?

Thanks.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 10:13:45 am »

7. Optimized: Several speed and memory optimization to grouping-style thumbnail lists.

This is quite noticable, much apreciated.
Thanks!

marcusaschneider

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 01:23:12 pm »

9. Fixed: Multiple bugs in the CD labeling program including a problem where the first preview worked, but nothing appeared on the second.

Thanks, very much appreciated.
One very little issue with the CD labeling program: if one does not explicitely navigate to the "CD Info" section of the wizard before switching to the full application, deactivated "Include artist names..." sometimes [sic!] is ignored and artist names of songs will be used in track listing (state of the radio box is preserved during sessions, if ones deactivated it will stay deactivated during program runs as long as not again activated).

Marcus

* marcusaschneider is playing: World Wide Suicide - Pearl Jam  [Time: 3:27 | 256 kbps mp3 | 6,3 MB]

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 03:09:47 pm »

When viewing the new cover stacks through library server, it doesnt seem to work properly.  Amost every album shows as a stack, even though they display properly (as a single cover) in the local library.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 03:59:58 pm »

Are you guys sure nothing has changed in recent builds in relation to the "Rename Files From Properties" function?

I cannot perform this operation, it says that the files might be write-protected.

The directories containing the files are, but the files themselves are not (I can use the "Delete" menu item to remove them.

Any ideas?

It's as if "Rename Files From Properties is checking the directory for the read-only flag rather than the files themselves when you try to rename...

cheers
Rob
Cheers
Rob

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 04:19:23 pm »

Are you guys sure nothing has changed in recent builds in relation to the "Rename Files From Properties" function?

I cannot perform this operation, it says that the files might be write-protected.

The directories containing the files are, but the files themselves are not (I can use the "Delete" menu item to remove them.

Any ideas?

It's as if "Rename Files From Properties is checking the directory for the read-only flag rather than the files themselves when you try to rename...

cheers
Rob

Nothing has changed that I'm aware of.  Check the advanced NTFS permissions.  Somehow they go silly on me at home all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up