INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.153  (Read 5468 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.153
« on: March 23, 2006, 04:58:34 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111153.exe

11.1.153 (3/23/2006)

1. Fixed: Transitions in library tiles wouldn't look correct.
2. Fixed: Options > CD > Media Insert > Audio CD Action wasn't working properly.
3. Fixed: The library files header bar would be too tall if "Show Alphabet" was selected.
4. Changed: List right-click > Customize Current View replaced by "View" menu.
5. Changed: View headers for Playlists, Podcasts, Handhelds, etc. reworked to look and work more like library view header.
6. NEW: Added forward / back buttons to all headers.
7. Fixed: Problem logging out in Audible Service.
8. Fixed: Podcast one-click subscription sometimes was not working.
9. Fixed: Additional Mime-types were added to the Perbcast table.
10. Changed: Podcast one-click subscriptions now subscribe immediately w/o a Subscribe dialog.

11.1.152 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Audio analysis of certain files could cause a hang at the end of the file.
2. Changed: Improved handling of long multi-line thumbnail captions in library grouping views.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, library grouping views could crash.
4. Fixed: In "Panes" view, the Options drop menu was empty.
5. Changed: Launching the program while Media Server is running wouldn't properly honor the startup view settings.
6. Fixed: Deleting a playlist while PerbCasting it could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: PerbCasts had an incomplete/inconsistent Mime-type/Extension/Media-type table.

11.1.151 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
2. Fixed: Numbers with labels (i.e. 4 minutes remaining) would not show properly in some places.
3. Changed: Made each page of a library view have its own settings for thumbnail size, sorting, etc.
4. Changed: Further revisions to how showing files below library groupings works.
5. Changed: Optional deletion of files not in a sync for a handheld will only delete "supported" file types.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on a grouping tile in a library view goes into the next level. (use the "Play" link or right-click to play)
7. Changed: For translation, phrases ending with a colon no longer require the colon to be translated. (so URL and URL: aren't two entries in the language file)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Media Center 11.1.153
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 05:17:37 pm »

5. Changed: View headers for Playlists, Podcasts, Handhelds, etc. reworked to look and work more like library view header.

This is nice. I noticed that you can now rename playlists right from the View Header. Unfortunately, the change doesn't take effect until after you go to a different node in the tree and then back to the renamed playlist. Anyway this could become more instant?

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 05:24:56 pm »

when i was trying to paste coverarts for movie files, I noticed that it saves them to the cover art directory in a form like that : - 14_10_2005 .. and that made some overwrite eachothers

another thing which i noticed:
I have 2 movie parts for 1 film, with the same cover art, and have the main film name under the field "Comment" , when i browsed it in the library browser with thumbnails it showed me 2 stacks !!
Tamer

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 05:29:27 pm »

7. Fixed: Problem logging out in Audible Service.

This apparently ALSO fixed the issue where the Audible site "Cart" and "Next Listen" lists were not updating properly when navigating the Audible site via MC.  Adding/removing books from these lists now gets "remembered" properly (without having to close/open MC.)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 05:52:05 pm »

The Audible playback issues are still present.  I think these are somehow related to the way MC handles "bookmarks."

The main issue is that when an Audible track (I'll call it track #1) finishes and the next track (track #2) starts, MC is no longer able to play track #1.  When I attempt to do so, it just says "buffering" for a while, then skips to the next song and replaces track #1's blue "note" icon with a little exclamation point.  The file will remain locked in this state even if I re-lauch MC, reboot, or re-download the Audible file (i.e. the new "replacement" for the old file won't even play.)  The way to get the file "unlocked" again is to try to play it, then manually move the position slider while it still says "buffering."  The moment the position slider is moved, the track will once again play normally.

I don't know what's going on under the hood, but perhaps when the file finishes, the bookmark gets set at the very END of the file, which is somehow confusing the playback engine the next time an attempt is made to play the file.  I know that with an iPod, when the end of a track is reached, the bookmark is either "cleared" or set to the beginning of the file again -- either way, the track now plays from the beginning.  With MC, moving the position slider is necessary to clear up the "confusion."

The other issue, which I believe may be related to the previous issue, is the fact that sometimes (particularly when stopping/starting Audible tracks in the beginning moments of the track), the time counter starts counting from "0:00" even thought the track is already 10 or 15 seconds (or more) into the track.  This means that the time counter is of course not reflecting the actual position.  As in the previous issue, moving the slider fixes the discrepancy.

Both these issues seem "bookmark" related.

Thanks,

Larry

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 06:51:23 pm »

I think this is a bug.

1.  In audio, select the Genre, Artist or Album view (anything except panes)
2.  Open a second split view
3.  The split view will appear with the same settings as the original view (Artist view for example)

Now, when you change the options in one view, it affects both of them.  If you try to show thumbnails in the original view, thumbnails will show up in the second view as well.

If they type of view is different (Artist at the top, album at the bottom) then the options work independently.  But if they are the same, the options affect both views.

Micah

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 08:01:11 pm »

The options for panes is missing again

TC

Pink Waters

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 08:14:39 pm »

text below/thumbnails cycles very fast when hovered on (introduced 11.1.152)
Tamer

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 09:13:55 pm »

Excellent, this is the first build that i have seen where customize thumbnail sizes for each view of a audio scheme work and stick, bravo. In addition all customize sort methods work and stick.

Now if we can just get details to work properly and stick in individual views you will pretty much have it done my opinion.

Great work!  :)

TC

Pink Waters

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 10:50:10 pm »

in the option drop list in library view, the space slider modifies size of thumbnails too
Tamer

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 12:26:29 am »

Same for me  :o no options for Panes !

The options for panes is missing again

TC
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 01:43:45 am »

Hello,

When going in playing mode when double clicking on a thumbnail would it be possible to set the focus on the song so that I can click CTRL A right away to select all without first clicking on a song first.

I hope you understand what I'm saying here...

Best regards,

Theo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 06:41:20 am »

The French translation causes the alphabet to have two G's and no L.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 07:18:49 am »

Please use this thread for comments and questions on views:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32839.0

and this thread for comments and questions about selections ( ctrl-a, etc ):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32840.0

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 10:10:13 am »

1. The weird lock workstation resizes MC bug is still present.
2. Haven't been able to test but I'm assuming the corruption of .mov files when trying to transfer from a camera is still there since I haven't seen anything in the changelog about it.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 10:21:29 am »

1. The weird lock workstation resizes MC bug is still present.
2. Haven't been able to test but I'm assuming the corruption of .mov files when trying to transfer from a camera is still there since I haven't seen anything in the changelog about it.

I have no clue as to what Doof means  ;D

However, seeing the word lock presented me with a concept, pretty much every knows the lock and unlock symbols. I think it would be a great feature if we could somehow incorporate this into views in MC11.

Once a person gets the view that way they want, details on top, thumbs on bottom, thumbnail size, sort method etc, then just have us click on a closed lock to lock the views settings or an open lock to unlock the views settings in order to change them.

Anyone partial to this concept?

TC  :)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 11:33:08 am »

I have no clue as to what Doof means  ;D

However, seeing the word lock presented me with a concept, pretty much every knows the lock and unlock symbols. I think it would be a great feature if we could somehow incorporate this into views in MC11.

Once a person gets the view that way they want, details on top, thumbs on bottom, thumbnail size, sort method etc, then just have us click on a closed lock to lock the views settings or an open lock to unlock the views settings in order to change them.

Anyone partial to this concept?

TC  :)

On an NT class Windows PC on a Domain, you can lock the workstation by hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del and the choosing the "Lock Workstation" button that's listed along with a few other choices. It basically makes it so only you or your Administrator can get back in. I use it all the time here at work since I am the Network Admin and leaving my PC unattended and logged into my account is a big no-no. When I come back and log back in, though, MC is resizing to take up the whole screen, burying itself under my taskbar and Google Desktop sidebar. Even though it wasn't that size when I first locked my workstation.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 12:25:43 pm »

Can somebody acknowledge whether this is a bug or not? When I broadcast a playlist, it isn't in the same order as the playlist. It appears that a date is added to the name of the file and then it is in order by file name. Is there something I can do to prevent this on my end or is this something you are working on? It would be great if the order of the broadcast playlist was the same as the playlist order as the order of the media is important in almost everything I would ever publish. I figured this would have been fixed a while ago so I'm wondering if it is something I'm doing wrong on my end.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 01:19:57 pm »

Well yes indeed the options menu for panes comes up n/a but i found out if i just right click anywhere in the thumbs below the column headers and then choose view, the customization options are there for panes.

TC  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up