INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Vision M vs iPod  (Read 1577 times)

Ecnar

Zen Vision M vs iPod
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:30:17 pm »

I am getting ready to buy either a Zen Vision M or and iPod video in the next week or so.  I have been using MC 10 for over a year and will upgrade to MC 11 prior to setting up my new portable player.  I have browsed the forum and noticed quite a bit of info posted (including a little bashing both ways of these players).  I have yet to get a firm grasp though on coverting from WMA to the iPod if I go that route, because I don't want to have two seperate copies of the songs taking up harddrive space.  Any input from the forum would be appreciated.  So far I only found a couple of posts discussing the Zen Vision M, and one user seemed satisfied, though another seemed to not care for the software.  Do you have to install the software for these, or can you handle everything with MC11?  Thanks for the input and any other info/questions I may have overlooked that you folks think would be helpful in my decision.

Ecnar

oliverward

• Recent member
Re: Zen Vision M vs iPod
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:34:08 am »

i started typing a response to this topic but realised i could go on forever. i have quite a few things to say that might be of use to you regarding this issue - if you would like some info email me -

oliverward@unwired.com.au

oliverward

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:13:14 am »

have you tried Windows Media Player 11 yet with your ZVM? i HIGHLY rececommend giving it a shot

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 08:53:52 am »

Well I was a firm believer in Zen until recently.

Less than 3 yrs ago, I compared and it was no contest, a 30gb Ipod was 599 and a 60gb Zen Jukebox was 399 (or 499?) needless to say I went with the Zen.

1. Well again, less than 3 years later, my son broke the audio jack, and Creative labs says they do NOT repair the Zen jukebox anymore and even if they did it would cost $300 (to repair an audio jack????) what's up with that.

2. Nobody else on the internet seems to offer a repair service for the Zen Jukebox, while I'm sure you can find repair services from Apple, or 3rd party to repair 3yr old ipods.

3. I was never happy with the original software for the zen Jukebox and had to resort to 3rd party...

4. Now Ipod and Zen are comparable in price, and needless to say the new Ipod Video simply rocks, specially with JRiver's MC.

5. Over the years, I used to be a big fan of creative labs but I've been disssapointed lately to the point that I would question buying any product from them that's more than $100 or so.

that's my 2 cents...
Pages: [1]   Go Up