INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.166  (Read 2730 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.166
« on: April 06, 2006, 01:45:39 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111166.exe

11.1.166 (4/6/2006)

1. Fixed: Using the shell extensions could leave JRTools.dll locked, requiring a reboot to install.
2. Changed: With bidirectional pane filtering, picking "All" on a previously filtered pane wouldn't update the list as expected.
3. Changed: Library grouping views have bidirectional links making them work much like the new pane system. (navigation circles no longer possible)
4. Fixed: View scheme editing now shows (translated) field display names instead of internal names.
5. NEW: Filtering in both directions is now a per view scheme option. (only on for image views by default)
6. Changed: Database format upgraded to support bidirectional filtering.  Old Media Centers will not be able to load databases from this version.
7. Changed: More DVB-T graph-building tweaks, to avoid crashes with some devices.
8. Fixed: Some "Options" buttons in view headers were still not translatable.
9. Fixed: If a file failed to play with the QuickTime engine, it could cause a crash.

11.1.165 (4/5/2006)

1. New: MC can import Disk #, BPM (tempo) and Comment tags from m4a files.
2. Changed: MC does a better job analyzing previously transfered files on a device.
3. Fixed: Playlist files unable to play on Windows Mobile devices if the filename contained illegal characters.
4. Fixed: MC cccasionally dead-locking when synchronizing after performing other tasks on the device like deleting files.
5. Fixed: Switching skins while viewing a panes view could cause the panes to temporarily disappear.
6. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
7. Changed: Starting a group of images for playback in Theater View wouldn't start as a slideshow.
8. Fixed: Clicking the "Click Here To Reset Selection" button to clear the pane selection wouldn't update the files list.
9. Fixed: A few pieces in the import process were not fully translatable.
10. Changed: Installer no longer displays icon in top left of dialog. (didn't look good with some skins)
11. Fixed: Some view header bar text was not translatable.
12. Fixed: A library that had created / used over 4 billion database entries in its lifetime could behave strangely.
13. Changed: 'Recheck Sync' now re-analyzes the files on the device as well as changes within MC.

11.1.164 (4/5/2006)

1. Fixed: TV would hang when scanning for DVB-T channels.
2. Fixed: Thumbnail size slider wouldn't take effect immediately in some views.
3. Fixed: Tiles could disappear in some cases.
4. Changed: Entering into a tile with the Enter key wouldn't give the keyboard focus to the new list.
5. Fixed: Panes wouldn't handle the same name with different capitalization properly.
6. Fixed: MC would not read custom genre in m4a files.
7. Fixed: Underlines wouldn't show up properly on some link-style buttons.
8. NEW: Panes now filter in both directions. (experiment -- may not remain)
9. Fixed: LIbrary Server would not handle conversion on the fly.

11.1.163 (4/4/2006)

1. NEW: Added native support for Canon RAW files using the Canon SDK. (.CR2, .CRW)
2. Changed: Back and forward added to available remote control commands.
3. Changed: Reworked how playback / conversion components are loaded. (primarily an internal change -- please report any issues)
4. Changed: Image slideshow time doesn't progress until the next image has finished loading. (which could be a little while for images on a slow server)
5. Changed: Enter does the same thing as double-click for library tiles. (goes into)
6. Fixed: Visualization flush component would flip the red and blue in user entered colors.
7. Changed: View headers show images associated with files in the list when there's no selection instead of showing the stock image.
8. Changed: Improved stack building logic so no thumb images are never on the top of the stack.
9. Changed: If a stack has no items with art, a single no tile image is drawn instead of a stack.
10. Fixed: Playing a file while Media Server was running without Media Center running could produce strange results.
11. Fixed: In some cases, areas between and below tiles would not redraw properly.
12. Changed: PerbCast server version updated.
13. Changed: More graph building tweaks for DVB-T TV support.
14. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)

11.1.162 (4/3/2006)

1. Fixed: Virtual handheld devices that pointed to a network share would not work properly.
2. Changed: Doing a "Locate" followed by a "Back" command wouldn't properly clear the search box.
3. Fixed: User customization of library field categories wouldn't persist between runs.
4. NEW: Added Lyrics support for iPods. (requires MP3 files with lyrics embedded in the tags -- which MC does by default)
5. Changed: Certain WAV files (e.g. Dolby Digital WAV) that used to be routed to DirectX Player are now routed to native playback engine.
6. Fixed: Certain characters (#, ? and a few others) in filenames would break library server.
7. Fixed: Certain protected WMA files would not transfer to portable devices.

11.1.161 (4/3/2006)

1. Changed: Shrunk title area font slightly.
2. Fixed: In Panes views, the "Options" menu would not populate.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.166
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:00:58 pm »

1. Fixed: Using the shell extensions could leave JRTools.dll locked, requiring a reboot to install.

I'm still getting this error. Rebooting now to install.

edit: thinking about this, it's probably expected. I've had to reboot to install the fix haven't I?
DOH! :)

bi-directional filtering (in panes)

picking an artist from the artist pane, then choosing different things relating to that artist from a pane to the left, I used a [rating] pane.

When I hit a rating that should have returned zero files for that artist, rather than show zero files, MC reset the artist pane to all instead.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:24:19 pm »

I'm still getting this error. Rebooting now to install.

edit: thinking about this, it's probably expected. I've had to reboot to install the fix haven't I?
DOH! :)
Logging off, and then on again was sufficient for me.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 03:14:51 pm »

Bidirectional filtering doesn't work for me in this build (but did in the last).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 03:16:01 pm »

Bidirectional filtering doesn't work for me in this build (but did in the last).

It's now a per view scheme setting. (Menu > Edit > Edit View Scheme...)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 03:20:29 pm »

It's now a per view scheme setting. (Menu > Edit > Edit View Scheme...)

Oh, sorry, didn't notice that. It does work :) And thanks for doing fix #2 so fast, you guys rock!

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 03:29:34 pm »

It seems that the slide show does not work in this build when using the library view!

Otherwise this bi-directional filtering is really gorgeous :P

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 03:34:26 pm »

It seems that the slide show does not work in this build when using the library view!

If you select an image and hit enter it plays one file.  Hit space bar to start the slide show.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 03:41:44 pm »

I select all files of an image album and click play as I always do.
The position slider at the top doesn't move an inch! An that's new!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 03:57:19 pm »

Slideshow during music playback and auto image advance on an image only PN playlist is broken in 165 too. (I have not tried 166 yet.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up