INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No cover art sticks MC icon as cover art on ipod  (Read 1188 times)

tessa

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
No cover art sticks MC icon as cover art on ipod
« on: April 14, 2006, 06:01:22 am »

Using MC 11.1.163

I have cover art enabled in MC for the ipod.  When I sync music that doesn't have cover art, I get the MC icon on the ipod.  I'd rather have no image for those songs.

Does anyone know of a way to make this happen?  Is this a bug?

I tried to do multiple sync stages, sync music with ccover art and then turn off 'enable cover art' and sync the music without cover art.  But this turned off the cover art for everything, including the music that had been synced first (and was not synced the second time).

Thanks,
Tessa

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: No cover art sticks MC icon as cover art on ipod
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 11:42:40 am »

I believe this is the way it is at the moment....  :'(

it as been requested that this be changed... but I would not count on it.

What I'm doing is slowly but surely adding album art to all my cds and if none can be found, I'm making my own with the title name and some spiffy graphic from a google image search.

I make sure I have album art and lyrics (if I like the artist enough) before syncing it to the ipod.

Keep in mind if you change the tracks later on on MC, you'll have to remove them manually in the ipod or they will A) no be re-synced, or B) end up with duplicates.

Don't get me wrong despite these shortcoimings, MC rocks.

So don't be too hard on MC this program is well worth the investment in time and money to manage your media.

I have since uninstalled Itunes, re-initialized the ipod for use with MC, and now use it exclusively.

(by the way, I also use Synctoy (free file sync program from Micro$oft) to backup all the media to an external drive.

tessa

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: No cover art sticks MC icon as cover art on ipod
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 01:47:42 pm »

OK, thanks for letting me know.  I'm not dissing MC by any means.  I love it and have been using it since version 8.  And it has only gotten better and better since.  Version 11 is a big jump over 10 in terms of becoming more of a convergence media player.

One unsung hero(ine)(s) I have to give kudos to is the technical writing crew.  One of my pet peeves about a lot of software is the lack of good documentation.  I used to have that complaint about MC but not any more!  I really like that the docs explain not only how to use a feature but give solid examples of what you can do with them and why you'd want to use them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up