INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jump forward 30 seconds using MC11.exe  (Read 2232 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Jump forward 30 seconds using MC11.exe
« on: April 17, 2006, 12:43:02 am »

I'm trying to use mc11.exe to tell MC to jump forward 30 seconds but don't seem to be able to get it working.

If I send /MCC 10034,0 MC jumps forward 10 seconds, but if I send MCC 10034,30 MC does nothing.

How do I jump 30 seconds?

Thanks
Richard

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Jump forward 30 seconds using MC11.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:22:08 am »

It uses miliseconds, so try "MC11.exe /MCC 10034, 30000"

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:31:55 am »

Ah,

So 30 was working, it was just too quick for me to see!

I'll try this in the morning and see how it goes.

Cheers,
Richard

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:24:55 am »

Yeah, considering that would be like 3/100's of a second, and if your video used 30fps, you weren't even skipping an entire frame.

If my math is right. ;)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 01:12:20 am »

Thanks doof,

30000 did the trick.

Cheers
Richard

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:46:29 am »

Is it possible to send a command to the built-in web interface to jump foward 30 seconds? Being able to do this would be really useful.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

I have an ATI x800XT video card which also records FM radio. Using ATI's FM recorder, I can listen to my Sirius Satelitte radio (the receiver broadcasts back out as FM which I can then record). Immediately after starting to record, I'm able to play back the file that's recording using Media Center.

I then use Media Center to pause and play the program as it's recording. My radio only lets me pause for 43 minutes, but when used in conjunction with Media Center, I can pause for hours and hours and then start playing exactly where I left off.

Being able to skip 30 seconds (or a user defined value) I would be able to skip commercials or entire songs if I want to move on.

Ultimately, I'd love to for the built-in web server to be able to handle something like this:

Skip ahead 30 seconds (in milliseconds)
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/view?location=Controls&action=SkipForward&Value=30000

Skip ahead 6 seconds (in milliseconds)
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/view?location=Controls&action=SkipBackward&Value=6000

In this way, I would be able to create my own local webpage to contain various skip parameters by tweaking the "Value" parameter.

Michael

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
OT:sirius
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 06:58:52 pm »

off topic, but with a Sirius subscription, can't you stream Sirius off the web?  doesn't impact what you are trying to do, but might be better than your current setup.

I am getting a new car this weekend with Sirius, so i am anxious to try it out.  How do you like it?

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
Re: OT:sirius
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 09:37:17 am »

off topic, but with a Sirius subscription, can't you stream Sirius off the web?  doesn't impact what you are trying to do, but might be better than your current setup.

I am getting a new car this weekend with Sirius, so i am anxious to try it out.  How do you like it?

Yes, you can stream over the Internet, but you can't pause it. In the morning I listen to Howard Stern and recording it on my PC let's me listen to at my leisure, pause if I leave the room or transfer it later to my iPod.

I love Sirius. I got it in the end of December and love the music stations, especially "First Wave" on channel 22. I bought "lifetime" service which seems expensive, but pays for itself after about 3 years, so I'd definitely recommend it. I have had no complaints about the service or programming at all. It's especially great on long road trips. You don't have to flip through CD's or look for radio stations to listen to as you move from place to place.

sf_adam

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 11:15:07 pm »

I am trying to understand how to better utilize MC11 with my WinTV-PVR-350 remote - specifically how to increase the FFWD/fast forward/ skip time from 5 to 30 seconds.

From what I understand none of the downloadable plugins will work with this remote, so you cannot directly manipulate the commands using the interface under Options, Remote Control.

The good news is that the remote currently controls basic functions (play, pause, stop, fast forward, etc). So there is some connection.

Above rpalmer68 mentions using "mc11.exe to tell MC" by sending "MC11.exe /MCC 10034, 30000"

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this? Can I use this interface/tool/programming language to change the current setting of 5 seconds somewhere in the application?

Thanks for the help
Adam

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 11:56:06 pm »

My radio only lets me pause for 43 minutes

Because that makes sense technologically.   ::)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up