INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.175  (Read 7243 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.1.175
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:46:33 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111175.exe

11.1.175 (4/20/2006)

1. Fixed: MC crashing related to downloading Audible content.
2. Changed: German translation file updated.
3. NEW: OmniFi DMS1 now in UPnP Device List.
4. NEW: OmniFi DMS1 now supports autodetection.
5. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld wouldn't work properly. (PSP, etc.)

11.1.174 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: MC crashing related to translation of the action windows.

11.1.173 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: Silent import commands issued when MC wasn't running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Action window titles weren't getting translated.
3. NEW: Added substring searching to expression IsEqual(...) function.
4. Fixed: Some help links were broken.
5. NEW: OmniFi DMS now supported.
6. Changed: Scroll position is better preserved when changing thumbnail sizes.
7. Fixed: Drilling into a tile in a library view would change the start location you'd see when leaving and coming back to the view.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcut for Options (Ctrl+O) wasn't working correctly.
9. Fixed: Cue file ripping wasn't working with multiple CD drives.
10. Fixed: Tagging error messages were shown when ripping to a Cue file.
11. Fixed: Old Cue files were not overwritten even if "overwrite" was enabled by user.
12. Fixed: Sometimes during a multiple CD auto-ripping operation, MC would not restart ripping when a new CD was inserted.
13. Fixed: Secure ripping log for multi-CD autorip session is now saved separately in the folder for each CD ripped.
14. Fixed: If secure multi-CD autorip session was canceled, the log file showed all tracks canceled.
15. Fixed: When file conversion is set to replace the original file it would append (1) to the filename.
16. Fixed: Better status and progress messaging for CD burning of transcoded music files.
17. Fixed: Temporary ISO image file for CD burning of transcoded music files was not getting deleted.

11.1.172 (4/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Wait messages could show invalid text in some cases.
2. Fixed: The "Top Hits" stock smartlist could show files that had never played if there hadn't been 100 plays of other files yet.
3. Fixed: "Redetect Devices..." could cause a crash if pressed immediately after detecting a device.
4. Fixed: With continuous playback off, and "CD Player Style" previous wouldn't work properly for the first track in a playlist.
5. Fixed: Media Editor was not properly decoding files.
6. Changed: Thumbnail size slider preserves spacing used in Customize Current View...
7. Changed: Tuned aspect ratio used by thumbnail size slider to be media type specific.
8. Fixed: During multiple CD rip process, CD's would not always eject upon rip completion.

11.1.171 (4/10/2006)

1. Fixed: During Audio Analysis or Format Conversion, keyboard shortcuts would not work properly.
2. NEW: Update the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
3. Changed: The Action Window no longer has an empty row at the bottom of it.
4. Fixed: Quickly double-clicking in the panes could play items from the previous selection.
5. Fixed: MC would occasionally list all (or nearly all) files on a device in duplicate.
6. Fixed: MC could have trouble reconciling a file on a device if it didn't have an album name.
7. Fixed: Syncing to some devices failing due to bad metadata.
8. Fixed: When ripping from multiple CD drives, CD's ejected and re-inserted at odd times.

11.1.170 (4/8/2006)

1. Fixed: The installer could crash on some systems.

11.1.169 (4/7/2006)

1. NEW: Added more skin effects under Tools > Skins > Skin Effects...
2. Fixed: Shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, some button text could appear the wrong color.
4. Fixed: If focus was shifted away from the installer during an upgrade install, it would not always finish properly.

11.1.168 (4/7/2006)

1. Fixed: Launching Media Center while Media Server or Media Center was already running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Package Installer (Check for Updates, skin installation, etc.) would exit with an error.
3. Fixed: Tagging mode would reset list selections after making a change.
4. Fixed: Refresh (F5) wouldn't properly preserve the file list state in pane mode.
5. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, button text could appear the wrong color on the over and down states.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.1.175
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 04:54:03 pm »

It is possible to synchronize titles from a handheld pc to the local library?

Not library to> Handheld but Handheld to> library, I would find it very practically

At the best also with the right mouse button "Import to the library" for titles on the Handheld.

Right Mouse Button click on a title on the Handheld "Delete" is not translated why?

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 05:03:17 pm »

Umm, so I guess no one else (other than Doc Cilantro) is seeing "1899/12/30" in the tags of empty date fields?  I'm still seeing it, and I'm pretty sure it's there.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:16:47 pm »

I'm trying to play an audible file and MC is asking me to enter my user name and password for the site. I type it, but it brings up the same dialogue box again and again.

I logged in on the site to see my account information, just to check that I was typing the right user name and password, and it logged me in with no problems.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 11:19:46 pm »

Ok, I think I got the multi-cd auto ripping wonkiness I'm still seeing figured out...

1. If a YABB window is already open, MC doesn't seem to be able to connect to the YABB server reliably. For instance, I put three CDs in, and tried to stagger their insertion, but unfortunately, the first CD popped up multiple choices from YABB. I made my selection but then immediately got a message from MC that YABB could not be contacted and there was no information from the CD. The third CD connected to YABB fine and both CD #s 1 & 3 began ripping. CD #2 didn't because I told it not to due to not having any YABB info.

This leads me to...

2. I now had 3 CDs listed, two with track data and ripping, one without and not. I manually had MC update the one CD from YABB and, as expected, it connected and found the info just fine. At this point, presumably because AutoRip is already running, I can't get MC to begin ripping this CD. Even telling it to rip it does nothing. The only thing that could get it going was to eject the CD and re-insert it. I had to confirm that it wasn't ripping by looking in my Music folder and seeing that no files were being created. I had to do this because...

3. At this point, MC's ripping status got all out of whack. While the Action Window appeared to know what was going on, looking at the CD contents showed a mixture of On Disc and Blank. This was even after I ejected and re-inserted the one CD that hadn't started ripping before. I clicked on the "Details" link in the Action Window and it appears that that cleared things up, as they all reported their Ripping status after that. It's hard to say for sure, though.

But at least I can rip to APE + CUE now without MC getting confused about what CUE entries belong to which APE. ;)

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 05:11:17 am »

Edit View Scheme, Step 3: Modify Properties, Show In Theatre View check box doesn't seem to work.

Is this a bug?

Ed.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 05:25:16 am »

I stumbled on a few dead links in the help file:

Contents > Audio Settings and Analysis > DSP Studio (Equalizer, Replay Gain & DSP)
On the text page the links are dead.

Contents > Audio Settings and Analysis > DSP Studio (Equalizer, Replay Gain & DSP) > Equalizer
On the text page the link is dead.

Contents > Create (Burn) CDs or DVDs
Several links on various text pages are dead in this section.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 06:29:56 am »

15. Fixed: When file conversion is set to replace the original file it would append (1) to the filename.

Well this still does not work for me. I can't see the option "Replace the original file". The only one I see is "Send original file to the Recycle bin" - this way the original filename IS preserved but the recycle bin is getting full; not convenient when converting many files...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 09:09:05 am »

Well this still does not work for me. I can't see the option "Replace the original file". The only one I see is "Send original file to the Recycle bin" - this way the original filename IS preserved but the recycle bin is getting full; not convenient when converting many files...

[ ] Update Database - tells MC that the new file should be imported into the library.
[ ] Send original file to the Recycle Bin - tells MC to delete the old file.

So if you want two copies of the same file in different formats, you just check "Update Database". If you want to replace the original file, you check both.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 09:14:32 am »

... the recycle bin is getting full; not convenient when converting many files...

You can disable the Recycle Bin (right-click the Recycle Bin icon > Properties). Just remember to activate it back after the mass conversion.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

SwellGuy

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 09:30:37 am »

JohnnyB,

There is no specific setting for replacing the original file when converting. But if you convert to the same location, the same type (mp3->mp3) and opt to send the original to the recycle bin it will have the effect of replacing the original file. Not deleting the original file outright is a necessary safegaurd. If your recycle bin is filling up - convert in smaller groupings and clear it out.

Peace

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 05:19:12 pm »

here is again a german language update, please inserts it into the next build.
http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/german.zip

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 08:40:47 pm »

I just tried this

Start Encoding Files That Was In Playing Now From MP3 To MP3

Click On A File Outside of MC to play a file

Playing Now Clears And Shows The File Your Playing

the Files That Get Completed That Are Still Encoding Show Up In MC11 As Missing.

Click On Cancel

Looking At The Replaced File Is the File Is Being Saved With A (1).mp3

Even If There Is No File in That Folder With The Same Name.

This Is Prob Due To The Fact That Playing Now Was Cleared When The Files Were Still Re-Encoding. And I Also Did Not Let The Encoding Complete That batch When I Seen They Were Showing Up As Red X'ed I Wanted To See if The File Vanished Gone Or Was Some How Droped From The List For Some Reason.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

omnifiuser1

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 09:12:51 pm »

11.1.175 Playing a Single file w/ cue via UPnP

So I'm testing out the cool "Rip to single file with cue rather than separate files" feature.  I'm encoding using the built in MP3 encoder.

I've set the settings:

Options --> CD --> Advanced CD Ripping Settings
Section "File management"
CHECK Rip to single file with cue rather than separate files
Insert a CD and rip appropriately.

Fire up the UPnP Server.

On my MediaRenderer, navigate to a track within the single file (using Artist/Album navigation) and then attempt to play a song from the album.

Instead of getting the correct song from within the MP3, the MC UPnP Server starts streaming from the beginning of the file instead of the correct location within the file.  It doesn't matter which song I select, the Server streams from the beginning.

Of course, the player built into MC 11.1.175 plays the correct song from within the MP3.

Am I doing something wrong and/or can anyone else reproduce this?

omnifiuser1

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 08:45:17 am »

Cosmetic:

Bump the splash screen Copyright date from 2005 to 2006. Easy to miss as developers since you probably have Options --> Startup Interface --> "Show splash screen" unchecked.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 09:07:38 am »

Here's one I've noticed a few times...

Usually, if MC or King's plugin can't find album art, I'll use the Find CD node under Playing Now to go to Amazon.com and grab it from there. Every so often, they don't have a link to a larger image, but there's a link to "Customer Images". Every time I click that link, MC's built-in web browser just hangs. I can interact with the Action Window, but I can't navigate anywhere in the tree to get away from the browser.

Taggert

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 01:48:04 pm »

Is it possible that the option "Use Assorted for Artist on Multi-Artist Albums" does not work with this Version?
The problem occured when I was renaming 11 files of one Album with different Artists by using file properties. Although the above mentioned option was activated, the result was that the separate artist names were used, the files are spead over the disk and the cd-directory below "assorted" was removed.
Any ideas?

Chris

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 02:17:06 pm »

Is it possible that the option "Use Assorted for Artist on Multi-Artist Albums" does not work with this Version?
The problem occured when I was renaming 11 files of one Album with different Artists by using file properties. Although the above mentioned option was activated, the result was that the separate artist names were used, the files are spead over the disk and the cd-directory below "assorted" was removed.
Any ideas?

Chris
this any help to you?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 06:14:56 pm »

Here's a new one.

I have one View Scheme running under Theater View. It's

Album Artist (Auto) <- grouped by 3's
Album Artist (Auto)
Album

I have "Ignore articles" set in Options -> General -> Sorting

I have an Artist called "The Dresden Dolls".

When in Theater View, I browse to the D-F group and open it. No Dresden Dolls. So I browse down to the S-U. No Dresden Dolls there either, even though I can see their coverart showing up in the image for the S-U group. So I browse up to All. Now I see The Dresden Dolls.

If I uncheck the "Ignore Articles" options, The Dresden Dolls show up under the S-U group.

So basically, Ignore Articles isn't working correctly under Theater View. :P

Taggert

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 06:25:32 pm »

this any help to you?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0

Marco,
yes maybe, I'll test it tomorrow. Thanks for your reply!
Chris

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 02:19:47 pm »

I'm noticing multiple issues with the 'Use Screen Grab for Thumbnail' right click option for videos.
1) If you work through your video files doing this for each one, the thumbnail only immediately updates the first time you do it.
2) Whether or not the thumbnail updates at all seems a bit hit-or-miss. Sometimes you think it hasn't worked, so you do it again, and the thumbnail updates, but with the first screen grab you picked.
3) MC frequently crashes when doing this.

Windows error reporting info for the crash:
"AppName: media center.exe    AppVer: 11.1.174.0    ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180    Offset: 00037fd4"

Someone else experiencing simliar stuff...

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 05:03:46 pm »

If I first mark e.g. an artist in the panes and then do a search using the search field, MC resets the selection I made in the pane, indicating "All" and then searches trough all tracks included in the basic criteria for the view. This makes it impossible to search just within the tracks of one artist.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 03:18:25 am »

I'm trying to play an audible file and MC is asking me to enter my user name and password for the site. I type it, but it brings up the same dialogue box again and again.

Did this just start with 175?  What was the last version that did NOT exhibit this problem?  Did you try re-installing an earlier version of MC to see if it stopped?  This would confirm whether or not this was an MC issue and narrow down which version of MC was causing this.

Larry

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 05:10:29 am »

You can disable the Recycle Bin (right-click the Recycle Bin icon > Properties). Just remember to activate it back after the mass conversion.

I know but I think this should be solved within MC and not on the system (Windows) level...

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 05:12:57 am »

[ ] Update Database - tells MC that the new file should be imported into the library.
[ ] Send original file to the Recycle Bin - tells MC to delete the old file.

So if you want two copies of the same file in different formats, you just check "Update Database". If you want to replace the original file, you check both.

I see. Nevertheless I still miss the option "Replace the original file" without sending it to the bin.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 05:16:28 am »

JohnnyB,

There is no specific setting for replacing the original file when converting. But if you convert to the same location, the same type (mp3->mp3) and opt to send the original to the recycle bin it will have the effect of replacing the original file. Not deleting the original file outright is a necessary safegaurd. If your recycle bin is filling up - convert in smaller groupings and clear it out.

Peace

I see. Nevertheless I do not agree with this statement "Not deleting the original file outright is a necessary safegaurd." What is the point of preserving the original file when converting from APE to APE e.g. from lossless to lossless??
Pages: [1]   Go Up