INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing now display font is wrong (too small)  (Read 3215 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Playing now display font is wrong (too small)
« on: April 23, 2006, 10:03:39 pm »

The other day, after changing the font size for MC11, the font size for the playing now area became really, really small. How can I change this? (I am using the latest build 11.1.175)

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Re: Playing now display font is wrong (too small)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:55:07 am »

Anything? Seems like it should easy to fix.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:26:23 am »

Try tuning the font, bold, size, etc. in Options > Tree & View > Font
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:08:17 pm »

I agree. I had put up a similar message/request a few days ago, but no one bothered to answer.
"Having a 17'' LCD monitor, 1280x1024 res., I have to change the size of the Tahoma font to 8 or 9. Everything works fine but on the top header, where Media Center and the name of the library loaded appear, the fonts don't seem to change proportionally in size and I can hardly read them. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to change the style and size of these fonts separately?"

geoptin

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 03:26:47 pm »

I agree. I had put up a similar message/request a few days ago, but no one bothered to answer.
"Having a 17'' LCD monitor, 1280x1024 res., I have to change the size of the Tahoma font to 8 or 9. Everything works fine but on the top header, where Media Center and the name of the library loaded appear, the fonts don't seem to change proportionally in size and I can hardly read them. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to change the style and size of these fonts separately?"

There is a fixed amount of space up there.  Media Center picks a font size that will fit using the selected font.

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 07:16:12 pm »

I had this problem as well.  I ended up changing the font from ?(I dont remember)-->Tahoma.

The display was fine until recent builds and suddenly the font in playing now was to small to read and their was lots of room up there so I'm not sure what was up.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 07:56:29 pm »

Try tuning the font, bold, size, etc. in Options > Tree & View > Font
Nope, done this.

Like the other two posters, everything seemed to be working fine until suddenly the font in the Playing Now area became *much* smaller. Look at the screenshot. There is plenty of room.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 01:06:55 am »

Having the same problem too... haven't been able to read the display for the past few builds.... Changing the font options does not affect the now playing font

sheltem

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 02:50:09 am »

Yeah I posted my problem over a week ago....  Glad I'm not the only one with troubles. 

modelmaker

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 02:55:27 am »

The display was fine until recent builds and suddenly the font in playing now was to small to read and their was lots of room up there so I'm not sure what was up.

The same here. Please change it back the way it was! My eyes aren't what they used to be and I need the larger font. Get rid of the spectrum analyzer if you have to, it doesn't really do anything for me anyway - if I want a spectrum analyzer, I'll use a visi.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 06:44:14 am »

The same here. Please change it back the way it was! My eyes aren't what they used to be and I need the larger font. Get rid of the spectrum analyzer if you have to, it doesn't really do anything for me anyway - if I want a spectrum analyzer, I'll use a visi.
I support the request. The problem occurs since build:
11.1.161 (4/3/2006)
1. Changed: Shrunk title area font slightly.
A day without laughing is a day without living

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 12:27:54 pm »

We're looking at this.  It's not simple, since your eye perceives the mean height of lowercase letters but font measuring uses the full height of something like "Ay".  The trick is that the amount "above and below the line" varies greatly with fonts.

For now, simply use the font "Tahoma" for best results.

modelmaker

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 08:36:53 pm »

The more I have to see that spectrum analyzer, the more annoying it is becoming. How about giving us the option to switch between this new playing now and the old one without the spectrum analyzer and the larger font.

With the new version you can't see most of the info because the text has to made smaller so it can fit between the 2 spectrums. This design feature really makes the PN nearly useless as I have to mouse-over to get it to scroll back and forth to see the whole title & artist. 

I thought the point of the playing now was that you could see what was playing at a glance, (without resorting to mouse movements etc). The is functional. The spectrum analyzer is purely decoration and IMHO doesn't belong in the playing now box.
Jay.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 08:42:55 pm »

modelmaker.  the option to disable the spectrum analyzer has been there as long as the spectrum analyzer has.  Simply right-click on it and uncheck the option from the context menu that pops up.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 01:17:15 am »

You can also left-click anywhere in the display area (or on the spectrum analyzer) to toggle the spectrum analyzer on and off.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 02:51:58 am »

And while you're fixing the Playing Now area...

Right now, left-click and right-click do the same thing (bring up the context menu). Could we restore the previous behavior, where left-click toggled the two views, and right-click brings up the context menu? We have two button mice, might as well use them...

modelmaker

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 02:11:43 am »

You can also left-click anywhere in the display area (or on the spectrum analyzer) to toggle the spectrum analyzer on and off.

Oops!  :-[ My Bad! My apologies, of course there would be a switch. That solved the scrolling thing, but the text is still too small.
Jay.

Pages: [1]   Go Up