INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcasts - "To be deleted"  (Read 1063 times)

Skeet

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Podcasts - "To be deleted"
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:13:38 am »

Does anyone know why when you set the properties in a podcast feed to say keep the last 3 episodes only. The older episodes are marked as "to be deleted" in the episode status but aren't actually deleted. Why doesn't it just delete them automatically?

I could do a workaround for what I want to do (remove these episodes from my ipod) if the episode status field were included in the fields list when setting up a smartlist, but it isn't.

Anyone got any ideas on this? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Podcasts - "To be deleted"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 04:37:15 am »

I came across this recently too, and MC gave me a helpful dialogue informing me that this was because although I had asked MC to only keep the last x files, I had also asked it not to delete any files until the disk quota had been reached. which was nice and helpful.

I cannot remember what I did that prompted the dialogue though. Most likely I clicked on the "to be deleted" text.

Gene

• Recent member
  • Mountains Speak to Me
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 11:27:06 am »

Hold your cursor over the "To Be Deleted" text, but do not click on the text, so you can read the tooltip.

That will give you the opportunity to read the explaination I wrote for this message.   I'm curious if you find it clear.

thanks,
gene

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 01:42:26 pm »

I found it to be crystal clear, which was refreshing for me :)

what's not so clear to me are the "show/hide deleted items" buttons. they don't do anything for me at all. All I ever see are the 'on disk' episodes. any ideas there?
Pages: [1]   Go Up