INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.181  (Read 5925 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.181
« on: May 03, 2006, 12:09:10 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111181.exe

11.1.181 (5/3/2006)

1. Changed: Creation of start menu shortcuts would not work as expected during a non-express upgrade install.
2. Fixed: The jaggy 16x16 Media Center icon could still show in some places.

11.1.180 (5/3/2006)

1. Fixed: Portable drives wouldn't properly show playlist files for some playlist saving modes.
2. Fixed: Text could appear too small in some areas.
3. Removed: Unneeded warning messages and option from UPnP Server.
4. Changed: Added Nevo to the list of UPnP Devices.
5. Changed: Running "Recheck Sync" reanalyzes the transfer status for each file. (use after changing filenames, properties, etc.)
6. Fixed: Smartlist files wouldn't be sorted the same when used in tree send-to commands as when viewing the smartlist.
7. Fixed: After tagging mode changes, the panes would reset.
8. Fixed: In some places, the 16x16 version of the Media Center icon could look jaggy.
9. Changed: Updated the installer methodology so that start menu shortcuts, etc. can be created by picking "Custom" during an upgrade install.
10. Changed: On a fresh install, MC defaults to creating a Quick Launch shortcut. (the option is presented to the user during install)
11. Changed: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)

11.1.179 (5/1/2006)

1. Changed: Gapless handling of LAME MP3 files from CUE files is now perfect like non-CUE playback.
2. Fixed: Improved CUE file parser for CUE files that didn't have full header information.
3. Changed: Slight modification in how and when panes to the right of the last selection reset when not filtering in both directions.
4. Fixed: Holding down previous / next for rewind / fast forward could cause strange results in some cases.
5. Fixed: A couple of Help links from the Options pages were not working.
6. Fixed: Tagging mode wouldn't properly preserve a pane's scroll position after checking a box.
7. Fixed: Playing search results (menu or shift+enter) while viewing an Action Window playlist could play the wrong playlist.
8. Changed: Tuned player area font auto-sizing. (if you aren't pleased with how a particular font sizes, switch to the recommended font Tahoma)

11.1.178 (4/27/2006)

1. Fixed: YADB lookup was failing in cases where multiple CD's were being analyzed simultaneously.
2. Fixed: Podcast episodes were not being updated until the Feed was refreshed the second time.
3. Changed: Read offset compensation option removed from advanced CD ripping options page.
4. Fixed: During auto-rip, if a CD was canceled due to missing meta-data, it could not be restarted without an eject and re-insert.
5. Fixed: MC sometimes incorrectly listed files as not sync'd on drive based handhelds.
6. Fixed: 'Ignore Articles' causing items to disappear from groupings in some views and servers.

11.1.177 (4/25/2006)

1. Changed: Spanish translation file updated.
2. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld STILL not working properly for all devices. (MuVo, etc.)
3. Fixed: Some context menu items were not getting translated.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

outofspace

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 11.1.181
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 04:41:29 pm »

To small font in Current File View

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 06:03:19 pm »

The jagged icon is STILL showing up.

Play a video and then select 'windowed view'.

Now, look at the taskbar. There are two MC instances ("Media Center" and "Media Center Display")
The latter has the jagged icon.

I hope this helps. I could post a screenshot later if needed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 06:03:52 pm »

outofspace,

Make sure you have the latest build installed.

If you still have font size issues, please switch to the font "Tahoma."

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 09:00:45 pm »

outofspace,

Make sure you have the latest build installed.

If you still have font size issues, please switch to the font "Tahoma."

Actually, Matt, I'm having similar issues and I've been using Tahoma font since I started using MC back when it was MJ. So far, since the tweaking of the fonts began a few builds back, its either been too large or too small.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

dhill

• Recent member
  • Has anyone seen the bridge?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 10:24:56 pm »

Same problem here as outofspace and I have always used Tohoma. This release made it much smaller

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 10:51:36 pm »

MC is mistakingly using the thumbnail from one of my video files (actaully in another library), for one of my .crw (raw image) files. The two files have absolutely no connection to each other (different hard disk. different name. different kind of media. etc.)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 02:26:54 am »

same problem as outofspace here too.

I checked to make sure, and I'm set to use 8pt Tahoma. Throughout all of the recent font size issues/discussions I've not experienced any problems here untill installing this build. (jumped from 179 --> 181)

I'm also seeing some wierdness with my phot thumbnail views, whereby, when 1st loaded, there is a blank line inserted between the base of the thumbnail and its associated text. If I move the slider, the tiniest of adjustments is enough, the screen refreshes and MC removes the blank line...
before:

after:

(click images for full size view)

I wish the tooltip wouldn't go outside of my desktop. I use "extended desktop" settings in my video drivers (nVidea GForce). Apart from turning off the extended desktop, is there anything else that can be done to avoid this happening?

-marko.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 03:31:11 am »

MC is mistakingly using the thumbnail from one of my video files (actaully in another library), for one of my .crw (raw image) files. The two files have absolutely no connection to each other (different hard disk. different name. different kind of media. etc.)

I am guessing, by I think this may be the cause of your problem:

MC had a bug that it used the same library ID thus the same thumbnail folder for separate libraries in some cases. The bug should be fixed by now, but you may need to create cloned copies of the libraries and delete the the original libraries. You shoud be able to keep one library as it is (e.g. the Default library). I think it would be a good idea to erase the thumbnails in each library before making the cloned copies and rebuild the thumbnails after that.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 04:00:26 am »

To small font in Current File View

I agree. As far as this problem is concerned, it hasn't been fixed successfully. Please, people at JR, do something about the "looks" of MC 11.1, such as fonts, skins, icons, shortcut icons etc.
This is also important and makes the whole program "eye-catching".
Thanks,
geoptin
geoptin

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 04:28:48 am »

I wonder what makes the font sizes to show up differently on different systems. I have the default "Tahoma 8pt" in use in this screenshot:

It is fine for me.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 04:34:43 am »

It's got smaller for me, too, although not as bad as some peoples.
Mines readable. 

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 05:02:50 am »

Media center loses the focus after an erasing process or if a Playliste with F5 is updated.  :(
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 05:03:26 am »

I wonder what makes the font sizes to show up differently on different systems. I have the default "Tahoma 8pt" in use in this screenshot:

It is fine for me.

strange isn't it. Mine's been fine up to this morning, now I have this...

I wondered if it was maybe skin related, so switched to aruba for a look-see. If you click the image above, you get to see the full bar as it appears using opus mc (white), not a pretty sight, I'm sure you'll agree.
So, is it related to screen resolution/type perhaps?
I'm using 8pt Tahoma on a 19" CRT screen @ 1280 x 1024.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 05:36:52 am »

The column for files cannot be made sufficiently broad, with nearly all programs is that no problem.

above media center below windows explorer see my marking.

In the Windows Explorer can be made ever broader the column, why doesn't function in the MC?

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 10:01:01 am »

The column for files cannot be made sufficiently broad, with nearly all programs is that no problem.

above media center below windows explorer see my marking.

In the Windows Explorer can be made ever broader the column, why doesn't function in the MC?

I, too, have seen this problem.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 12:55:28 pm »

Did you make sure to scroll all the way to the right first?  With the version I'm using, if I scroll all the way to the right, I can grab and move the "seem" as you indicate in your picture even though I can't "see" this seem (since it's all the way on the right side of the window.)

Larry

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 01:07:33 pm »

Bug:  "Disc #" as a pane field is being sorted incorrectly (see image)

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 03:23:28 pm »

Did you make sure to scroll all the way to the right first?  With the version I'm using, if I scroll all the way to the right, I can grab and move the "seem" as you indicate in your picture even though I can't "see" this seem (since it's all the way on the right side of the window.)

Larry

What Larry said. But, I found it's possible to make the grab bar on the right inaccessible. If you grab and drag it past the right edge of the window the scroll bar at the bottom doesn't resize to allow me to scroll far enough to find it again. Unless I double-click (to autosize) the divider between two of the other columns.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 05:36:07 pm »

We can't reproduce the font size issue using the latest build.

Any other clues would be helpful.  (we've tried switching MC fonts, system fonts, ClearType vs not, etc.)

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 05:53:46 pm »

I did nothing except install 11.181 over 11.179 and am now seeing the font problem.

My font is set to Tahoma regular 8 but i've never even looked at that setting before today.

The only thing i noticed is that the installer said that I had a copy of MC running, even though I had quit it. It still installed though.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

scthom

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 07:43:47 pm »

I did nothing except install 11.181 over 11.179 and am now seeing the font problem.

My font is set to Tahoma regular 8 but i've never even looked at that setting before today.

The only thing i noticed is that the installer said that I had a copy of MC running, even though I had quit it. It still installed though.

Ditto for me.  Word for word.  I'm using Thunderstorm skin, if it makes any difference.

dcwebman

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 09:16:09 pm »

I have to say what has already been said. Simply installed 181 over 179 and I have never played around with the fonts. I am using the standard Aruba skin and have never played with the Customize Display for the heading. Now I get the small font. It probably doesn't make a difference but I am using a Track Info.
Jeff

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 01:46:46 am »

Just installed .181 over .171 and have the same font problem but also the font used in Theater View has just got smaller as well.

Richard

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 04:24:54 am »

There is no sound when I play mp3 songs and have the replay gain option checked.

Replay gain: track based
Automatic based on current list
geoptin

gappie

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 05:49:33 am »

Just installed .181 over .171 and have the same font problem but also the font used in Theater View has just got smaller as well.

Richard

same here.
and in verdana it even seems a bit more dramatic.
i also noticed that the whole text jumps up a bit, out of the middle. maybe that there lies the problem.  ?
here mine caps with tahoma.

i went from 177 to 181

Pages: [1]   Go Up