INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aLyrics v1.0.2 Beta released 5/6/06  (Read 3665 times)

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
aLyrics v1.0.2 Beta released 5/6/06
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:38:09 pm »

aLyrics v1.0.2 Beta is available for download at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz or alternately at http://auldridge.biz:81/alyrics (if you have firewall problems).

The primary function of aLyrics is to automatically update the Media Center library with lyrics downloaded from LyricTracker (http://www.lyrictracker.com).  Optionally aLyrics will upload lyrics to lyrictracker.com (this feature requires an account sign-up at lyrictracker.com).

The secondary function of aLyrics, Interactive Error Processing, is useful when aLyrics is unable to locate lyrics from lyrictracker.com.  Interactive Error Processing allows a user to search for lyrics using a built-in web browser.  Once the lyrics are found, the lyric text can be selected and automatically copied into the Media Center library with the touch of a button.

aLyrics processes the files in a user selected playlist. 

Library fields may need to be added to the Media Center library in order to store the lyric and status data.  To add Library Fields use the menu options: Tools | Options... | Library.

aLyrics is written in C# .NET and requires Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0.

Updates for v1.0.2 Beta:
  • Display a MessageBox to prompt the user to select lyric text and press the [Found It] button again if the [Found It] button was pressed when no text had been selected.
  • Fixed update feature.  The installation program was downloaded as "JR Download (####).dat" rather than "aLyrics_#_#_#.exe" and the .dat file was displayed in a text editor rather executing the setup program.
  • Lyrictracker.com password was displayed in the Report Log if reporting mode was set to verbose.
  • Added ability to store processing status in status library field.
  • Added Pause/Resume functionality.
  • Distribute Microsoft.mshtml.dll in the Setup program.
  • Allow the name of the song to be updated during Interactive Error Processing by selecting the me text and pressing the new [Update Name] button.
  • Enable Artist and Song Search Options.

Enjoy... @l@n
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: aLyrics v1.0.2 Beta released 5/6/06
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 08:54:23 am »

is it OK to install updates 'over the top' or do we need to remove old versions first?

(that mc be closed beforehand is a given I think :) )

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:18:13 am »

is it OK to install updates 'over the top' or do we need to remove old versions first?

(that mc be closed beforehand is a given I think  )

The installer will automatically remove any previous versions of aLyrics before installing the current version.

Please let me go how you like the latest version of aLyrics.  What enhancements do you recomend?

Thanks...  @l@n

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 07:56:15 am »

Tried the latest version with a couple songs. I used interactive mode only. First thing I noticed is that I have my Google preferences set to open the search results in a new window. This wouldn't work with the browser popped up. It sure didn't stop the ad pop-ups from the lyric sites though.  :) So I changed my preferences to get it to work.

Found my lyrics and clicked Found It. It pasted into MC fine. Now here's where I guess I don't know what to do. I clicked on the next song to work on that one but I guess there must be some kind of Save I didn't do because the previous lyrics didn't get saved. A little clarification here would be helpful.

Edit: I just "realized" what I think I did wrong. I didn't click the Start Processing Files button so I guess I was in the Non-Update Mode even though that box was unchecked. Might want to rethink this because sometimes out of my playing now or playlist, I might not want to process ALL files, but just one or two and clicking on those I want to process is a lot easier than loading up a playlist.

Once the lyrics get copied to MC, I noticed that there were some mistakes but I couldn't edit them. Guess if I use this, I would then need to switch to MC to edit the lyrics or the new lyrics editor plug-in.
Jeff

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:46:10 am »

dcwebman, thanks for the feedback!!!

Tried the latest version with a couple songs. I used interactive mode only. First thing I noticed is that I have my Google preferences set to open the search results in a new window. This wouldn't work with the browser popped up. It sure didn't stop the ad pop-ups from the lyric sites though.   So I changed my preferences to get it to work.

I tried to block all pop-up windows.  I'll add a new option to allow/deny pop-ups.

Found my lyrics and clicked Found It. It pasted into MC fine. Now here's where I guess I don't know what to do. I clicked on the next song to work on that one but I guess there must be some kind of Save I didn't do because the previous lyrics didn't get saved. A little clarification here would be helpful.

Edit: I just "realized" what I think I did wrong. I didn't click the Start Processing Files button so I guess I was in the Non-Update Mode even though that box was unchecked. Might want to rethink this because sometimes out of my playing now or playlist, I might not want to process ALL files, but just one or two and clicking on those I want to process is a lot easier than loading up a playlist.

Once the lyrics get copied to MC, I noticed that there were some mistakes but I couldn't edit them. Guess if I use this, I would then need to switch to MC to edit the lyrics or the new lyrics editor plug-in.

Rignt now when you click on a single file in the list it processes the single file in Report-Only mode.  Last night I began making updates to aLyrics so that you will be able to edit lyrics when you select a single entry.

Thanks again for the feedback...  @l@n

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 12:42:36 am »

I have alyrics set to process songs in Playing Now.
I had 2000 songs in playing now when MC started.
I right clicked playing now and chose to clear playing now.
I then added 10 songs to playing now to process for lyrics.
When I started alyrics, it told me there were 2000 songs there, do I want to process all of them?
It was showing the OLD contents of playing now, not the current contents.
There needs to be a refresh feature here for people that will do songs in small batches.
Shutting down and restarting MC resulted in alyrics now displaying the correct list of files.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 03:15:38 am »

Alan,
zxsix's comment kind of refers to what I said before but made no sense with :)

If the source is set to playing now then all these songs are shown in the processing list.  If I cahnge the source to a playlist the processing list does not update to reflect the change it still lists the Playing Now songs.  If I satrt processing then the processing works on the playlist songs but they are not displayed.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 08:15:58 am »

Thanks for reporting the bug zxsix and NoCodeUK.  I've been able to reproduce it.  I'll have it fixed in the next build.

Thanks again...  @l@n

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 02:01:11 pm »

I think I've gotten all I can from lyricstracker.com, and I have been sending them most of my new finds, but it must not be an automatic update. They are pretty slow getting them up there. I've probably submitted close to 1000 but they've only added about 100. aLyrics has also been crashing MC a lot. It seems like unless I click on aLyrics right after starting MC, it shuts down the whole program.

I've started using Lyrics Editor for manual searches because aLyrics was killing me with the popups caused by using embedded IE. It also crashed a lot in the manual find process, unless I always used the "cached text" from Google and that required a lot more clicks. Since Lyrics Editor works with Firefox, I can avoid a lot of the junk on many lyric sites.

That said, I love love love the speed of aLyrics. It'll be awesome when the kinks are worked out and when lyricstracker.com increases their inventory.
Sue

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 06:00:51 pm »

Impressed by the auto update detection thingy majig!  :)
Although when it tried to update I got a message saying
something long the lines of
"No available application was available to perform this operation"
Pages: [1]   Go Up