INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I add position number in Playlist?  (Read 906 times)

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
How do I add position number in Playlist?
« on: May 16, 2006, 06:05:17 am »

Hello,

By filling in a field (I chose Access Rating for this) with the points earned by a song in the past I can now make a Smartlist that shows me the entire list of all songs ever been in the charts sorted by these points.
But... I'd like to see on which position in this smartlist of mine a certain song is. That would be the first column. To make it clearer: the biggest hit ever is on position number 1, the second one on 2 etc.
How can I make such a column?
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How do I add position number in Playlist?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:11:19 am »

Add ~seq to the smartlist rule. It will display the sequence column as the first column.

If you would like to see the sequence numbers outside the smartlist you could make a new custom field named e.g. "Chart Position".

Since MC can automatically number only the "Track #" column you could first copy the original track numbers to the new "Chart Position" field (Library Tools > Move/Copy Fields). Fill new track numbers from the smartlist order (Library Tools > Fill Track Numbers From List Order) and then use the "Flip-flop" action in Move/Copy Fields for exhancing the contents of these two fields.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

MarkCoutinho

Re: How do I add position number in Playlist?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 02:40:43 pm »

Alex, super! The ~seq  just did the trick. Thank you so much!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios
Pages: [1]   Go Up