INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAC plugin question  (Read 1208 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
AAC plugin question
« on: May 19, 2006, 12:13:28 pm »

I would like to try converting some of my CDs from APE to AAC format (specifically Nero's MP4 AAC "transcoding" format [highest possible using Nero 6.6] or Nero's new free AAC commandline encoder). A search of Forum posts didn't find what I was looking for regarding how to make this work with MC11.

I have two major difficulties at the moment:

(1) Nero's music database for the type of CD's I listen to (Soundtracks) is non-existent, so when I use Nero to rip a CD I get no artist, album, track or cover art info. I use a program called "The Godfather" to edit the Nero MP4 tracks which is very time consuming and really not an option with the number of CD's I plan to re-rip to AAC;

(2) MC11.1.184 does not appear to have any form of AAC downloadable plug-in (just FLAC , MUSICPAC and LAME) and  MC11 does not seem to support the Nero "mp4" AAC format at all (each time I click on a Nero encoded AAC file and tell it to play with MC11, MC11 says there is no file to play in "Playing Now". I have checked off, under "Options/Associations" the AAC file format, but it doesn't indicate that "mp4" is a supported file extension for the AAC format.

So I was wondering if anyone has been able to rip and encode CD's with MC11 in AAC format and play them back in MC11? How are you doing it and what software are you using to get automatic CD info and album art. It would sure be nice if MC11 had this capability built-in (ripping, getting CD info from MC11's database and converting to AAC format at various bitrates).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
Re: AAC plugin question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 08:06:37 pm »

Can MC change file extensions?  If not, try a file rename such as Bulk Rename utility to change the .mp4 extensions to .m4a.
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

I gave up trying to get an AAC encoder to work in MC 11.1.  I use RealPlayer 10.5 to rip my CDs as 192Kbps .m4a files.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 01:50:15 am »

Bonjour !

There is a good plugin to transcode audio files ... by Winamp.com !

If you use Winamp 5.21, download the plugin "Transcode".

It transcode files in the same directory and with the same name...

bye.

stan@showard.net

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:21:15 am »

A command-line plugin is now available from Nero which should accomplish your objective.

Free MPEG-4 encoder.
"Compression Ratios ranging from ultra high (58 CDs fit on one!) to High-End Audio (2.5:1), for absolutely perfect audiophile encodings"

http://ww2.nero.com/nerodigital/enu/Nero_Digital_Audio.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up