INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Photo Folder Structure  (Read 1304 times)

Chazworth

• Recent member
iPod Photo Folder Structure
« on: May 26, 2006, 01:28:51 pm »

I finally took the plunge and switched from using iTunes to MC to upload audio and photos to my iPod (iPod Photo, 40GB).  So far it works great.  Nice job again, J River.

For the photos that I am synching to the iPod, I see that MC creates a folder structure on the iPod using the photo date (e.g. it puts photos taken on 12/12/05 in a folder named "12-12-2005").  Does MC offer any flexibility in the folder system that it creates on the iPod?  I would prefer to have MC duplicate the folder structure of where the files are stored on my PC.  Any thoughts?

Charlie

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod Photo Folder Structure
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:55:19 pm »

apparently, due to the limitations of the ipod photo database, you can only list by a single field.

jriver uses the [album] field, which, by default, is the photo date in MC.

edit: this thread has some explanatory comments on the issue by Matt...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31963.0

Chazworth

• Recent member
Re: iPod Photo Folder Structure
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 02:46:26 pm »

Thanks Marko.  So, it sounds like I might be able to overwrite the default data in the [album] field to the grouping that I prefer, and it would then create that photo folder structure on the iPod.  That would probably work out well.

As you might know, iTunes creates photo folders on the iPod that correspond with the folder structure where the files are stored.  However, it does not allow for subfolders.  Because of that, I had to rearrange my physical folder structure to be "flat" in order to accomodate iTunes.  Now, I can move my folder structure back to how I would like it (with subfolders), and then use the [album] field to create a separate folder structure on the iPod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up