INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to documents?  (Read 938 times)

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
What happened to documents?
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:48:02 am »

Hi,

Where did the Documents feature go?  I really liked MC's ability to handle this.  Is it coming back?  If not, can I run a previous version of MC on the same computer if I keep the library's seperate?

Also, can you add an icon/shortcut for Now Playing by the Music, Image, and Video icons (and add a Document one as well)?

Thx

Thx,

1 xsivfun1

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: What happened to...?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 05:47:43 am »

Where did the Documents feature go? I really liked MC's ability to handle this. Is it coming back? If not, can I run a previous version of MC on the same computer if I keep the library's seperate?

You can still add the documents category to the MC tree. It is just not one of the default view schemes anymore.

All tree categories are based on standard view scheme filters. Just make a new view scheme and write [Media Type]=[Data] in the step "4". If this view scheme is under some other tree branch, you need to disable the "Honor parent scheme search strings" option, but you can make it a root branch as well. I posted some detailed instructions in this thread: How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree.

Also, can you add an icon/shortcut for Now Playing by the Music, Image, and Video icons (and add a Document one as well)?

In my opinion, the default categories should still be All Media, Music, Video, Images and Documents, but I suppose JRiver wanted to simplify the interface and reduce clutter. However, it is now not clear to new users that media center can handle various document formats and also all media types simultaneously. Also, the users may not discover that MC can handle an offline CD/DVD database, since there is no default CD/DVD view scheme.

You can add the Playing Now button to the top and/or bottom Toolbar. Also, you may want to add the "Navigation" button and include the new "Documents" tree branch in your Favorites (right-click the branch > Navigation > Add to Favorites). After that you can access Playing Now and your Favorites from the Toolbar icons.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What happened to...?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 06:19:11 am »

it was my understanding if you import documents, the documents tree node was auto created.
certainly, if you previously had documents imported, upgrading should preserve the already existing documents entry.

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: What happened to documents?
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 05:23:12 pm »

Great!
thx all.

Hopefully we'll Docs as a default again, but at least I know where to look now.

xsivfun1
Thx,

1 xsivfun1
Pages: [1]   Go Up