INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Radio goof  (Read 1527 times)

jmp

• Recent member
Web Radio goof
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:09:25 pm »

I admit it - I was playing around with Media Center for the first time and tried adding a new radio station.  Unfortunately, I input the call letters wrong and worse yet I picked the wrong format (or more likely forgot to pick the format, and it defaulted wrong).  There does not appear to be any way to update it, except to ask some nice administrator to delete it for me so I can re-add it correctly.  The station is WCDB (should be WDCB and Windows Media).  Help?

So far I like the interface, and it seems to run OK on Windows 2003 Server (more than I can say for iTunes).  The Web Radio aspect of the interface does seem a little confusing (no excuse for screwing it up, I realize!).

Jeff

Update:  Does the radio interface even work?  I tried very carefully adding another (different) radio station - WBEZ at www.ChicagoPublicRadio.org.  It seems no matter what I enter, it says "Radio Station already exists", but I sure can't find it in Media Center no matter how I search ("WBEZ", "Chicago" and scan through results, etc...) .  What does the program use to determine if the station exists?  I tried both their MP3 Live and Windows Media Live feeds, but neither works in "Add Radio Station".  If I do "Open URL" in Media Center, they both work fine.  What am I missing??

castew

• Recent member
Re: Web Radio goof
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 10:00:56 am »

i had a similar problem. i added the californian rock station KROQ.

i couldnt beleive it wasnt added yet but i did and it by default went into "my stations" and i played it from there. i had to play it from my stations cos when i try to open the it form the url direcly media center tries to play it as a streaming mp3 and its windows media audio format so it fails.

thing is after a few days, the amount of time you'd expect it to take to be added to the list properly the station dissapeared from "my stations" and didn't appear in the searches. thing is if i try and add it again it says iots already been added so now i can't play KROQ at all.

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Web Radio goof
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:13:18 am »

Is there a fix or work-around for this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up