INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics Editor 2.11  (Read 18877 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Lyrics Editor 2.1
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2006, 11:31:15 am »

It would be nice to change the icon for Title Case so I can remember if I had selected Sentence Case or Title Case and just click the button without having to pull down the menu. Hover will work but the icon will give an immediate notice. Here's a sample set of icons I came up with if you want to take a look. http://www.copesonline.com/caseimages.zip[/li]

So I took a look at these and I love them. They perfectly illustrate at a glance what each function does. The only problem is that they're a little too small. Any chance you could redo them at 24x24? If so, I'll add them in. :)

dcwebman

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2006, 02:00:02 pm »

So I took a look at these and I love them. They perfectly illustrate at a glance what each function does. The only problem is that they're a little too small. Any chance you could redo them at 24x24? If so, I'll add them in. :)
Not a problem. I actually took a screenshot of the images you had and then just modified the insides. But bigger should be even easier. I assume GIF is what's desired.
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2006, 02:15:36 pm »

Actually, I've been using PNG, but whatever's easier for you. I can convert it as needed. :)

dcwebman

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2006, 08:17:32 am »

I can do any format. I'll get you the files over the weekend.
Jeff
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2006, 08:21:41 am »

Awesome, thanks. I suck at graphic design stuff, so I always appreciate any help I can get. :)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2006, 06:37:52 am »

Yeah, one thing I noticed while trying to add this feature was how many different ways the various sites do their searches. Unfortunately, I doubt there's anyway to handle them all. LyricsFreak is especially difficult because the URL it uses first specifies the first letter (or number) of the Artist name (which would be doable), but then it tacks a unique number onto the end of the url, and at that point, there's nothing I can do. Another site I found lumps all numbers together into a /0-9/3 Doors Down kind of method. There's just too many variations.

One thing you can do with the Search Sites option, though, is just add the main page of the site as the URL (without specifying anything as Artist or Name), and then it'll act like a bookmark to a lyrics site. But like you said, Google seems to work the best for me, so that's all I bother using.

I managed to properly set Seekalyric.com - it works fine
http://www.seekalyric.com/song/[Artist]/[Name]

And BTW Lyrics Editor is a very cool plugin  ;)

dcwebman

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2006, 09:28:27 am »

I had something happen last night which kind of surprised me. I was busy editing a bunch of lyrics and I thought the way the plug-in worked was to save the information when changing to another song. I finished for the night and decided to close MC. Suddenly MC puts up the "updating tags" popup and was updating like 200 songs. Why would it do this if the plug-in was saving as it went along?
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2006, 10:38:06 am »

The plugin tells MC to update tags on file changes. When MC decides to actually get around to doing it is up to MC.

For instance, if you had MC NOT store information in the file's tags, but just in the library, then these changes happen immediately. But if you have MC set to update file tags as well, then MC actually writes them to the files when it decides to. I'm not sure how it determines when to do it.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Lyrics Editor 2.11
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2006, 03:05:21 pm »

Just uploaded version 2.11 which includes a few bug fixes, updated toolbar images, and couple of small additions.

This version also should install to a different location to make it friendlier with different versions of MC. It's still only been tested with version 11 and the version 12 beta, though. Because of this, you might want to uninstall older versions before installing this one, although I don't think there will be any problems if you don't.

dcwebman

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2006, 07:48:44 pm »

The plugin tells MC to update tags on file changes. When MC decides to actually get around to doing it is up to MC.
Must be MC doesn't want to do any updating as long as the plug-in is being used because I had been using it for hours. Guess I'll have to switch back and forth between Playing Now and the plug-in occasionally to get the tags saved just in case.
Jeff

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2006, 05:49:46 am »

How the Custom fields work? I picked "BPM" (works fine) and for example "Composer" that does not work at all. I mean if the field is already filled in (e.g. not empty), Lyrics Editor shows it empty. If it is empty and I fill it within Lyrics Editor and save it, it remains empty...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2006, 09:01:59 am »

Basically Lyrics Editor calls MC's Get() and Set() routines to get and set the values of the chosen field.

I know this isn't terribly helpful, but it's working here with the Composer field just fine. MC 11.1.188 and Lyrics Editor 2.11.

Anybody else seeing anything like this? It's possible there's something wrong with your library maybe? Corrupt tag or something?

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2006, 09:42:35 am »

Hmm the problem seems to be in Translation. If MC is in English "mode", Composer works fine. But if I switch to Czech (I made it myself being Czech) where the field "Composer" is translated into "Skladatel", then it does not work...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2006, 11:00:00 am »

Yeah, after doing some testing with a different language file, I think I know what the problem is, but I don't see anyway I can fix it.

It appears as though, even though you're using a translation file, the actual database is still in English. So even though your fields display name is in Czech, the field name itself is in English. Lyrics Editor populates the list of fields that MC returns, which is the (Czech) display name, but then when it tries to Get() the field name, it doesn't match up to anything.

I've looked through the SDK and I don't see anyway around it, short of me hardcoding translations myself into the plugin. The best bet would be to convince JRiver to update their Get and Set routines (which I think were created long before MC supported translations). I'll pass it along to them and see what shakes out.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2006, 02:46:05 pm »

Thanks - we'll see...

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 03:15:21 pm »

When I change the dictionary i.e. from en-US.dic to de-DE.dic (Options / Choose Dictionary) it needs a restart of MC to get the new language active.
Maybe I miss something, thank you for your help.

Maybe an enhancement for a future version:
My playlists contain songs of different languages (normally english and german). The workflow could be more fluent, with a dictionary-selection in the main pane (not under Options). Or different options in the Spell-check-button (similar to the Capitalization-button).

Thanks again.

U.

dcwebman

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2006, 07:08:15 am »

Sorry Doof, found a bug. I set up a custom field to use the Date field. Upon entering a year like 2005, when saved, the date field turns into (if 2005 used) 6/27/1905. All years turn into a 6/xx/1905 date. Apparently you're passing the date in a different format than MC expects.
Jeff
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2006, 09:34:59 am »

Yeah, I can confirm it's happening, but it's a bug in the SDK.

I think I've figured out a workaround, but it definitely won't work for any of the MC translations.

dcwebman

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2006, 02:58:49 pm »

If it's a bug in the SDK then need to make sure JRiver knows about it. It would be nice to have the Date custom field but will hold off on putting it there until a workaround or a fix from them.
Jeff

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2006, 07:31:45 pm »

Hi Doof, got another idea for you

What would be really handy is to be able to right click on a word in the lyrics and have an 'Always capitalize ....' option to save having to go to the options and back frequently

So, given the following
Oh donna
You make me break up
You make me break down, donna
Break down, donna
Break down
You make me break up

Right click on the word donna and in the context menu would be 'Always capitalize Donna'
Selecting this shoudl then add this to the list of words to be capitalized, and preferably also correct the curent lyric you're looking at

I guess 2 context entries would be better though - for always and never capitalize

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2006, 07:41:05 pm »

Also, how about a 'delete all from' list, to get rid of those pesky

===============
upped by CooLDooD

bits of nonsense  ;)

Add '========' (or variant) to the list, and everything from that line down get's deleted

Hmmmmmm, yeah I think that's enough irritation for you for one day - gotta keep your quota up  ;D

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2006, 07:53:01 pm »

Actually it looks like I was lying

There's an anomaly in your lyric editor that doesn;t cause a problem, but is odd, and i'm curious to know if it's just my pc or we all get it

Pick a track in the file list
Move the mouse over the lyrics and scroll up or down (using the mouse wheel without clicking on the lyrics first)

On my pc (using a microsoft mouse and the bundled intellipoint 5.5) the lyrics sroll correctly but become selected, as if I had 'select all' them

Just an oddity, but thought I'd mention it

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2006, 08:02:22 pm »

Seem to be on a roll here......

How about a find lyrics option so we could enter a fragment of a lyric and find the right song easier

Type in - lets say - 'end of lyrics' and the file list shows all the songs that  has that phrase in
Or if you know a few words from a song but can't remember which song it is............

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2006, 08:09:57 pm »

Now I'm even annoying myself !!

Not even sure if this is do-able, but would it be possible to sync your lyric editor to what's playing now when you select it from the services and plugins section (or hit you're refresh button)
If you've got a lot of tracks in the playing now it's a bu**er to find the right track  ;D

Or, if not, how about being able to sort the tracks by their playing order instead of artist or name

--------------------------------

That's it I'm done - I forbid myself to post suggestions for at least eerrrrrrrr six or seven minutes

By the way - if you ever need a beta tester just shout

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2006, 11:21:54 am »

And a small bug report

Double clicking a word selects the word and all the following spaces, that's pretty unstandard behaviour  ?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2006, 11:24:45 am »

And a small bug report

Double clicking a word selects the word and all the following spaces, that's pretty unstandard behaviour  ?

Well, it's the behavior programmed into the textbox control by the Microsoft guys themselves, so I'm not sure how unstandard it is... In fact, this text box I'm typing this reply into does the exact same thing. So does notepad for that matter.

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2006, 12:19:21 pm »

How bizzare!

Not suggesting a programming error - your using stock controls I guess ;)

Your right of course,  the standard msoft control does the same (word 2003) - it still seems odd -double click a word to replace and always have to hit space as well

I really can't say I've ever noticed this in the programs I actually use frequently
They generally only select the actual word, leaving the following spaces alone

Not your problem - msoft strikes again (god knows why they want to mess about with my formatting ?)  ;D

dcwebman

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2006, 08:12:35 am »

What would be really handy is to be able to right click on a word in the lyrics and have an 'Always capitalize ....' option to save having to go to the options and back frequently
I like this idea. I'm constantly going back and forth between the options to add new words.

I'm pretty sure you answered this one before but a search and replace function would be extremely handy. For some reason the spell checker thinks "im" is a word (maybe it is) but I would expect it to be flagged and have to be changed to I'm. (I know the spell checker isn't yours) When I found one of them in a page of lyrics, it turned out to have more. It would have been nice to be able to change all at one shot.

Jeff

A-Ge0

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2006, 05:06:52 am »

the plugin really needs a BIG SAVE button!

the lyrics are not saved in the ID3v2 tag... shouldnt it be so? or have an option to do so?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2006, 10:26:02 am »

I answered this question in the other thread that you asked it in, but just in case... my plugin doesn't do any with your tags. It just tells MC to save the lyrics and then MC saves it however you have MC configured to save it. If you don't have MC configured to save the data in the file's tags, then it won't. If you do, it does. Now, how or where MC saves data to tags is a question for the JRiver guys.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2006, 09:27:49 am »

Also, I forgot to mention...

Lyrics Editor saves your changes after any of the following occurs:

1. You exit MC
2. You select a different file in the file list (either by manually selecting a file, or by hitting the next or previous buttons)
3. You choose a different playlist from the playlist dropdown list
4. You refresh the playlist/file list by clicking the refresh button.

Given all of that, I felt that the interface really didn't need a BIG SAVE button. ;)

A-Ge0

• Recent member
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2006, 09:31:57 am »

ok your choice
thanx for the info

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2008, 04:05:11 am »

Just started using this plugin.

Biggest issue for me right now is that on a 1900x1200 display the floating tooltips are displayed incorrectly and I cannot see the text.

Second issue:  I cannot set up a lyricwiki search.  The website requires _ to replace spaces and also for all words in the search to start upper case, eg Kings of Leon should be searched as Kings_Of_Leon.  Any chance of getting the options updated to handle this?

Otherwise looking *very* good and already proving useful.

Good work!

Mark

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2009, 11:54:25 am »

Trying to use this program - and gettting the following error:

Index was outside the bounds of array.

Any suggestions?

Here are the rest of the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at MC_Lyrics_Editor.MainInterface.ToSentenceCase(String testString) in C:\Documents and Settings\MattG\Desktop\Projects\MC_Lyrics_Editor\MC_Lyrics_Editor_Solution\MC_Lyrics_Editor_Project\MainInterface.cs:line 3132
   at MC_Lyrics_Editor.MainInterface.BatchAutoCorrect(String testString) in C:\Documents and Settings\MattG\Desktop\Projects\MC_Lyrics_Editor\MC_Lyrics_Editor_Solution\MC_Lyrics_Editor_Project\MainInterface.cs:line 2862
   at MC_Lyrics_Editor.MainInterface.btnBatchCorrect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\MattG\Desktop\Projects\MC_Lyrics_Editor\MC_Lyrics_Editor_Solution\MC_Lyrics_Editor_Project\MainInterface.cs:line 2261
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MC_Lyrics_Editor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2494.22813
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Doof%20The%20Mighty/Plugins/Lyrics%20Editor/MC_Lyrics_Editor.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
MediaJukebox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Doof%20The%20Mighty/Plugins/Lyrics%20Editor/MediaJukebox.DLL
StarRating
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Doof%20The%20Mighty/Plugins/Lyrics%20Editor/StarRating.DLL
NetSpell.SpellChecker
    Assembly Version: 2.1.7.41739
    Win32 Version: 2.1.7.41739
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Doof%20The%20Mighty/Plugins/Lyrics%20Editor/NetSpell.SpellChecker.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2009, 09:37:34 pm »

What version of MC and the plugin are you using? And what exactly were you doing when this happened?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up