INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore blues  (Read 1181 times)

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
Restore blues
« on: June 25, 2006, 11:02:28 am »

I made (and burnt) 2 attempts to restore my copy of MC 11.  Both times I got the famous Microsoft message that 'a problem has been encountered and Media Center has to close'.

I saved the first file that I restored.  It looks as if the program downloaded (1.28 KB is the file size), but when I try to open it, I get the same error message.

So, 2 burnt restores and no prospects.  I'm suspect my computer < 4 months old, running Windows Media Center edition; but I don't have a clue.  Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Restore blues
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 11:21:42 am »

No idea, but try:

Reboot

Reinstall

Check this page for more possibilities and details:

www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

Don't worry about running out of restores.  Let us know if it happens.

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 01:41:30 pm »

Am down to 5 restores.  Same result.  So I'm going to stop and regroup.   For the record, I deleted my existing Media Center (build 11.1.188) and was trying to reinstall a fresh copy because yesterday I could not  rip cds to my library.  I have ripped cds in the past; but I can't think what changes to my computer might have caused the problem.

I also tried to play a cd out of the disk drive. I got an error message saying that I should check to be sure path in my media library points to the correct location.  Why would I need to do that when I can actually see the drive and the cd title in MC's device and drive listing?

BTW, I can play anything that is already in the library just fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 05:56:33 pm »

Eureka! (sort of). 

Why didn't I think of it?  I did have my 3 computers networked since my last bout of ripping cds.  That could be it.  Thank you, Dr. Hillefreudgas.  My husband's grilling, so I'll be drinking something wonderful that he brought home from our wine store, and eating a nice meal.

Tomorrow, I strike. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up