INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuff I like about MC (11&12)  (Read 1557 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Stuff I like about MC (11&12)
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:56:05 am »

In case it seems like I'm being too negative... there are a lot of things I like about MC, which is why I make the effort to critique. Wouldn't be doing it if I didn't want MC to succeed.

Stuff I really like about MC:

1) Sound quality. It is really very good - the DSP effects are powerful and make a huge difference.
2) Separate Playing Now queue - the functionality of being able to add stuff to a play queue and move it around is great.
3) Speed. Searching is very fast on my very big library.
4) iPod support. What got me to MC in the first place.
5) Multi-Monitor support. An unexpected bonus that I use a lot. Fullscreen on one, UI on the other.
6) Support for Image and Video types in one program.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: Stuff I like about MC (11&12)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 03:28:34 am »

I agree (I hate posts that leave it at that...)

Sound is excellent even without any DSP, but adding that boosts it WAY above other apps I try.

Speed in this version is much improved, just like it says on the box. Even restoring from a minimized state is quick. That was slower than molasses here with 11.1.xxx

I don't search often enough to say there is an improvement, but it is quite fast. I like the addition of the clear button.

I appreciate the better handheld functionality. I use this to sync to a laptop, the wife's machine, and to a local folder. Works a treat!

Seperate queue? I'm missing something I think.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Re: Stuff I like about MC (11&12)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 04:42:52 am »

Seperate queue? I'm missing something I think.

The Playing Now queue is independent of the Library View. In iTunes it is the same - what you are looking at is what plays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up