INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Display view behaviour  (Read 1650 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Strange Display view behaviour
« on: June 29, 2006, 04:05:40 am »

There are some extremely odd things about this view...

Let's say the UI is in a window on my second monitor (not maximized). I double click the Playing Now. Now I get the display view, in a window the same size as the UI. So far so good.

Maximize the Display view, and it goes to fullscreen - on the *primary* monitor.

Double-click, return to UI on the secondary. Now, maximize the UI window. Double-click. The UI window disappears, and the Display view does *not* appear on the primary. In fact, it doesn't appear. The UI disappears too. Click the task bar entry, and the Display view appears - on the *secondary* monitor.

Double-click, get the maximized UI on the secondary. Double-click again, everything disappears. Click the task bar entry, nothing. Click the taskbar entry for MC again, maybe a couple of times, fullscreen display view on secondary. Double-click, got the UI again.

Restore the UI to windowed view, double-click, the Display view appears full-screen again on the *primary* monitor.

Given that the Display view shows all the usual window widgets, it should behave like a normal window, ie. it should keep maximize/minimize and active monitor settings from the UI window. The disappearing UI, and the monitor shift, when going to Display view is extremely disconcerting, as is the total disappearance of MC when switching to Display View, if the UI window is also maximized. (this must be a bug)

I'd say that Display view should always stay on the same monitor as the UI, and respect the window state.

There should be a different Fullscreen view (Performance view?) that can always be forced to a specific monitor, and not show UI widgets at all. This would address the DJ view that a few users here like (including myself).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Strange Display view behaviour
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 11:15:09 am »

I'd say that Display view should always stay on the same monitor as the UI, and respect the window state.

There should be a different Fullscreen view (Performance view?) that can always be forced to a specific monitor, and not show UI widgets at all. This would address the DJ view that a few users here like (including myself).

Right-e-o!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up