INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable (Travel) Speakers  (Read 2598 times)

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Portable (Travel) Speakers
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:33:12 pm »

Going on holiday in a week or so, and I thought it might be nice to take some music with me this time for those lazy days by the pool. So Im in the market for some compact travel speakers. Anyone got any recommendations?

Primarily Im looking for:

Compatibility: for a simple 1gB flash player with a simple headphone jack - no iPod connections or anything (dont know if this is important or not)
Size: small - I dont want to use up my luggage space
Sound: reasonable volume and quality - not throwing pool parties or looking for room-shaking bass
Power: batteries - mains option not essential

So far Ive looked at the Creative Traveldock 900 and the JBL On Tour amongst others.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Portable (Travel) Speakers
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 05:22:28 pm »

On holiday?
Unplug yourself for a week  :)

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 02:53:27 pm »

I purchased the Creative Travelsound 300 for a purpose similar to yours.  They are fine for compact speakers.  They look similar to the Travelsound 200, but I don't know how the 200 differs from the 300.  The Traveldock 900 looks nicer, and would probably work well too.  Enjoy your holiday.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 09:11:22 am »

Well, today I went out and got the Traveldock. For something not much bigger than a sunglasses case it sounds pretty good. Volume should be fine for outdoor 'personal area' listening with my wife, and would certainly be good enough for a hotel room etc. Although the bass isnt going to annoy the neighbours, the sound was clear enough for me. Should do the job - all I need now is sunblock :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up