INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do I find my install key after doing a restore?  (Read 1214 times)

Bob L.

Where do I find my install key after doing a restore?
« on: September 15, 2002, 08:58:56 pm »

I'm sure I'm missing something easy here, but I believe I just used up two restores trying to get one install key.  I wanted to install my license on two more machines in my house.  I logged on to the restore page from my current (already installed system).  When I sent the reg code I was then told that the installation was successful (of course this system was already installed!)  Where's the key and how do I get it to the other systems?  Can I get a credit for one of these restores?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Where do I find my install key after doing a restore?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 05:20:23 am »

Use IE, right click on the link you see, and do save as.  

Please read the FAQ carefully if you're having trouble.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Bob L.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 07:14:45 am »

Hello Jim H.,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm still a bit confused.  I have read the FAQ several times.  Before I try another restore, I just want to clarify...When I enter my reg code and hit the restore button I just get a message saying that my license was installed correctly (or something to that effect).  What link are you referring to?

Thanks,

Bob L.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 07:19:08 am »

Q: Can I save the install key instead of installing it directly?
A: Yes. You can right click on the link and choose "save as" instead of clicking on it. Then, in Windows Explorer, just double click on the file to install it.

[Restore] Button Is A Link

You can right click on the link and choose "save as" instead of clicking on it.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Artzie

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 11:50:41 am »

I have the same problem...It doesn't work..
It canīt be done.. I have tried to get som answers on this issue,
but the "makers" are silent...just buy a new licens is the answer!

gateley

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 12:36:38 pm »

Look carefully for your original Internet Explorer (a new one is opened with a "welcome" message to let you know your license is installed") and you will see the link.

Artzie, I don't understand: you now have replies from several people, including a couple of the makers.

j

Bob L.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 02:30:59 pm »

Hello everyone,

As I suspected, I was missing something important (but obvious to many) and I finally understood after reading gately's post (see next paragraph).  I was just able to save my license successfully.  Is there any chance I can have my restore counter increased by 2 for the ones I wasted last night?

Artzie:  After hitting the restore button on my computer, the "restoral complete" browser window pops up which contains your registration code as an active link which can be right clicked on in order to save your license.  It is covered by a new user information window a few seconds later.  Your "restoral complete" window should still be there in the background to switch to.

May I suggest that a button be added to the new user page that comes up with a note saying how to save your license and to look for it in the other window?  And perhaps a more detailed explanation in the FAQ.

In any event, thanks to everyone for hanging in there and helping me work through this process.  

Regards,

Bob L.

gateley

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 04:15:56 pm »

glad it worked, I'll see if I can't get something quick into the welcome page (like big bold letters saying "If you want to download the key, it's under this window :^).

Send me your email/name/some identifying info to gateley @ jriver.com and I'll see what I can do.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up