INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting WMA files so they are recreated with DFX  (Read 1300 times)

apnakon

• Recent member
Converting WMA files so they are recreated with DFX
« on: July 15, 2006, 06:59:12 am »

Hi All,

I am trying to take my current WMA files and convert them to new WMA files but with the added effects of DFX.

I have tried a few things (including the Convert function) but have had no luck.  I am new to Media Center so perhaps that's half my problem!   :)

I would greatly appreciate any help, since the DFX modified music sounds terrific and I'd like to then take those files and
put them on my Creative Zen Touch.

Many Thanks,

Adrian.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Converting WMA files so they are recreated with DFX
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 01:17:11 pm »

Adrian--

#1.  Welcome to MC.  As I think you're discovering, it's an extremely powerful platform for cataloging/browsing/playing your media. 

#2.  I've only done a brief trial of the DFX plugin, but i believe that DFX does it's EQ effects internally, passing the altered signal along.  If true (and somebody who knows for sure should drop in and correct me), then MC (or any other external program) has no way to figure out what EQ changes were made by DFX.  So you would not be able to encode new WMA's that had those changes, so that the Zen could read them. 

#3.  Unless somebody can correct me, then I think the thing to do is try to contact DFX, and see if there is some method for passing the change information to an external program.

apnakon

• Recent member
Re: Converting WMA files so they are recreated with DFX
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 06:50:02 am »

Thanks for the reply!  :)

Yes - I am very impressed with Media Center.  Avery good piece of software indeed!

I have written to DFX requesting some help on this.  Otherwise, I found this on their website :

------

How can I save DFX enhancement on my MP3s? Can I get DFX enhancement on my portable MP3 player?

Normally, DFX works in real time by processing music files during software playback, but the file itself is not altered in any way. However, you can save DFX enhancement on MP3 files by converting the files to WAV with DFX processing. Players such as Winamp, Sonique, and Musicmatch can be configured to include DFX enhancement during this conversion. Once your DFX-enhanced WAV files are created, you can use your CD burning software to create audio CDs that are playable on any CD player. For instructions, go to the DFX User Guide.

Since DFX processes in real time without altering the song file, the audio enhancement is not transferrable to portable MP3 players at this time. As the demand grows this may be a future possibility. You can help us accelerate the process by sending emails to the manufacturers of your favorite portable player requesting that they add DFX processing to their product.

-----

If somehow Media Center could add this support in - both for individual files and in bulk transformations, that would be absolutely *terrific*!  :)

The DFX modified music sounds great - I'd love to be able to get it onto my Zen Touch.

Please let me know what you think about all of this.

Many Thanks,

Adrian.

Pages: [1]   Go Up