INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.44  (Read 6484 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.44
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:49:26 am »

Download:

12.0.44 (7/28/06)

1. Changed: Video Priority filter is no longer used.
2. Fixed: MPC encoder was not installing properly.
3. Fixed: Any thumbnail list with more than one file that used the same thumbnail could cause a crash.

12.0.43 (7/27/06)

1. NEW: MPC encoder included with build.
2. Fixed: Associating with protocols (like pcast://) would not always work / stick properly.
3. Fixed: When an auto-complete tree tooltip was showing, a double-click wouldn't properly start playback.
4. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could stall out on some files.
5. Fixed: Possible video thumbnailing crash.

12.0.42 (7/26/06)

1. Fixed: Playing a WMV video would cause MC to unnecessarily flag the file for a tag write.
2. Fixed: Accessing the automation SDK from an external program was not working properly when the player was not running first.
3. Fixed: Sometimes album analysis could be too ambitious, causing slowdowns during import.
4. Optimized: Improved the speed of the album analyzer. (calculated album gain, mix albums, etc.)
5. Fixed: OSD did not work for TV playback.
6. Fixed: OSD without a time limit did not work.
7. Optimized: Improved thumbnail building speed.
8. Changed: "Set Display" menu only appears for playback types where there are more than one choice.
9. Changed: Added a Tools menu (top-left icon) to "Display" Action Window.
10. Changed: Theater View does an "Open" on an item when pressing 'Enter' and play when pressing 'Space'. (right-click or use menu keyboard button to see menu)
11. Changed: Mouse wheel in Theater View always operates the list of items. (instead of using the focused section)
12. Changed: Shortcuts for forward and back weren't working in Theater View. (mouse buttons / backspace, etc.)

12.0.41 (7/24/06)

1. NEW: Thumbnail list drawing is fully thread parallelized resulting in nearly a 2x speedup on dual-core machines. (and 10-15% speedup with Hyper-threading machines)
2. Fixed: License restore could fail in some cases.
3. Changed: When a trial expires, the countdown "Continue" button is no longer shown.
4. Changed: Links that show up on thumbnails no longer clickable until they fully fade-in. (to avoid accidental clicks on selection)
5. Changed: Reworked QuickTime initialization and cleanup code.
6. New: MC can get thumbnails for certain QuickTime formatted video podcasts.
7. Changed: Thumbnail lists show tooltips. (unless they're thumbnails of groupings)
8. Changed: Tooltips do a better job of sizing to wide-screen style images.
9. Fixed: Installer would show duplicates in the file association list.
10. Fixed: Skin Manager's task bar icon wouldn't look as good as expected.
11. Fixed: In the Tag Action Window, switching pages while editing a list-type field could leave an edit control visible.

12.0.40 (7/21/06)

1. Changed: German language translation updated.
2. Changed: Digital TV signal strength is represented as a percentage for known HDTV devices, instead of absolute numbers. For unknown devices it is still represented as an absolute number.
3. Changed: Recent Playing Nows are no longer shown in handheld sync playlist list.
4. Changed: Handheld sync playlist list isn't all expanded by default.
5. Changed: Library Manager could not be shown while some background tools were working.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of thumbnail lists.

12.0.39 (7/20/06)

1. Fixed: Switching a thumbnail list to details could result in an empty list being shown.
2. Fixed: Media Center would fail to load a blank library.
3. Fixed: Browsing input plugins with Plugin Manager did not work properly.
4. Fixed: Switching between sharing plugins could cause a crash.
5. Fixed: Video thumbnail building would not build a thumbnail if a previous thumbnail had been built on basis of an image file on disk, and the local image file no longer existed.
6. NEW: Skinning engine supports custom hit boxes for certain skin items. (implement by adding a 5th image to a skin item that defines the hit area)
7. Fixed: It was possible to highlight multiple control buttons at once with the Noire skin.
8. Changed: Removed manual vs sync mode selection -- instead just pick playlists if you want syncing.

12.0.38 (7/19/06)

1. Changed: Renamed "Configure Debug Logging..." to "Logging...".
2. Changed: Removed images from installer Express / Custom selection screen.
3. Optimized: Several more startup optimizations.
4. Fixed: A few issues related to the threaded loading system.
5. Fixed: Views with stacks could be much slower to load than expected. (introduced a build or two ago)
6. Fixed: Auto import could do a UI update after external folder changes even if they didn't change anything in the library.
7. Fixed: Pressing enter on an image to go to fullscreen and then pressing enter again to return would leave the keyboard focus stranded.
8. Changed: (Experimental) Added code to clear media events queue in DirectShow thumbnail grabber and DirectShow playback tester.
9. Fixed: Library Server would miscount the number of open connections, preventing access.
10. Fixed: Streaming Quicktime media could not be played.
11. Fixed: List selection while holding shift+down arrow would unselect everything once reaching the end of the list.
12. Fixed: Visualizations could run very slowly. (introduced in build 37)

12.0.37 (7/18/06)

1. NEW: New highly threaded loading system, providing much faster program start times.
2. Fixed: "Detach Display" command could fight with other commands in the same menu.
3. Changed: Detaching the display while in Display View will bring the program back to standard view.
4. Changed: Changing display options would reattach a detached display.
5. Fixed: Using a detached display in fullscreen could cause the main application to also lock to a maximized state.
6. Changed: Updated TLB for use with VB6.
7. NEW: Revised the "Detach Display" system to work nicely with multiple detached displays from different zones. (so you can watch TV detached while browsing images in a different zone, etc.)
8. Fixed: When choosing a child of view scheme and then expanding a different media type, the tree wouldn't logically update.
9. Fixed: Media Editor transforms were not working.
10. Fixed: The CD Baby and Audio Lunchbox services weren't getting installed.
11. Fixed: HTTP Pipelining was not working for content without a length. This broke (at least) Library Server, maybe other things.
12. Changed: Updated thumbnailing engine for improved performance. (thumbnails will need to be rebuilt)
13. Fixed: HTTP Server was sending files without content length.
14. Fixed: Marquee selection in icon lists of small icons could work incorrectly.
15. Fixed: WAV input plugin got included in the build, causing WAV playback to fail.

12.0.36 (7/17/06)

1. Fixed: Thumbnails with no thumbnail text could cause a drawing crash in some cases.
2. Optimized: Substantial speed and memory improvements in lists with thumbnails. (thumbnail lists or details lists with album-icons)
3. Fixed: Importing Jpeg files added a space and comma to the places field (when there were no IPTC city state & country tags)
4. Fixed: Importing WAV files did not get duration and bitrate data.
5. Fixed: WAV files could not be converted to other types (showing "Unsupported Type").
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.44
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 01:39:57 pm »

For some reason I know have 1,441 audio duplicates in my library of over 8000 songs.  I can see them in the duplicates playlist and each one points to the same location in the file directory.  How could this happen?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 02:02:57 pm »

I have attempted to delete them from the library, but MC simply re-imports them. :-X

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 03:43:55 pm »

I have attempted to delete them from the library, but MC simply re-imports them. :-X

Look closely at the filename column.  Is there some subtle difference of the filename for the duplicate files?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 04:29:31 pm »

Hi Matt,

Here is a screen shot, you can see that the filename paths are identical:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/7/20817250120.jpg&s=f10

I have looked in the parent directory and there are no duplicate files.  I should note, that I did perform a rename file from properties task and I'm sure that is what cuased the problem.  However, I have done this exactly the same several times before with MC 12, with 0 problems.

EDIT: I restored too soon. is it possible to undo a library restore?  I just need a few smartlists that I worked hard on today.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 05:36:24 pm »

I have received a crash message when starting MC12.0.44, and switching to another library.

http://www.villamil.org/images/mc12bug01.jpg

As I mentioned before, I get occasional "silent" quits from MC12 when using this library.  It points to a RAID NAS device (Buffalo Terastation).

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 03:27:50 am »

When editing a semi column delimited field via the action pane and leave the pane open for tagging other files in my playlist, the field that I want to edit (eg Genre) while that tagging pane is open loses focus all the time.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 09:27:23 am »

It seems that MC12 does not work with vsfilter.dll anymore. (DirectVobSub v.2.37:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84359&release_id=373770).

MC12 crashes instantly when it starts building the video thumbnails or when I try to play a video file that has a separate subtitle file. (This runs DirectVobSub if the video file has a subtitle file in the file folder.)

MC11.1 and other DirectShow player programs have no problems at all with vsfilter.dll.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 10:26:25 am »

Otto just removed 2874 cue tracks from my test library. It filled the track entries with data from the audio source files so that each album contains dublicated big source files as many times as the album previously had individual tracks.

I did not even have the library base folders included in Otto's watched folders. I have only one test folder defined. However, it seems that Otto cleans always the complete database if the Fix Broken Links and Update For External Changes options are enabled.

Besides that Otto should not remove cue tracks Otto should check only the files that are in the defined import folders. Users may have reasons to have offline folders besides offline drives (it seems that the "leave network files" option can handle offline drives correctly).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 03:25:57 pm »

- Retrieve cover art from internet seems to be broken, a least since some builds ago. It does not find any cover art, even for mainstream records.

- The "rip refresh bug" seems to be still alive, making impossible to rip more than one CD since you can't refresh the info (name, artist, album, etc.) from the drive. Haven't read any comment from the developing team regarding this bug... are you aware of it??

Thank you.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 05:36:03 pm »

Something to fix.  In the tree view, I cannot scroll up by dragging a playlist from one group node to another playist group.  The tree simply does not scroll so there is no way to get higher up on it.

auto eject after sync still does not work for IPOD v4

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 05:43:55 pm »

Very strange, even after a library restore yesterday, it removed all duplicate references but 1.  I have checked, and MC's 'locate on disk function' points to the same location for both references.  I delete one of them but MC just re-imports it.

Deleted both references of same file from the MC library, and now there are 3.  MC import/otto appears to CLONING files.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 01:36:39 am »

Trying to put all of these in one post, please read each one:

1) This CRASH is repeatable:

I am using the AW Tag info to rate a song and as I attempt to rate the song, I can see the stars light up, when I click down over them, the album field below opens up at the same time (which it shouldn't be able to do), and if you click on the rating a second time, MC crashes.  You should be able to replicate this crash every-time. 

Here is a screenshot, you can see that the rating field is lit up and the album list is open at the same time:  http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/7/21003245956.jpg&s=f10

2) MC is FREEZING when you double click real fast from on a stopped (status) video file (does not happen for audio).  I know this is not what a user would normally do, but it still freezing the program everytime this occurs.

3) Split view option was not showing up in the view menu, even if I turned the option on and off under advanced features and restarted MC.  However a switch from standard view to mini view and back, made the split view options available again.  Very strange!

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 06:13:20 am »

With MC12 my multimedia keys don't work.
With V11.1 they're working fine.
I'm using a Microsoft Natural Pro Keyboard.
No Intelli software installed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 07:52:15 am »

With MC12 my multimedia keys don't work.
With V11.1 they're working fine.
I'm using a Microsoft Natural Pro Keyboard.
No Intelli software installed.

I don't believe there have been any changes here. (my keys work with MC 12)

Play with the different modes in Options > General > Advanced > Media key mode

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 08:01:53 am »

In both 12 and 11 they're on the default settings :- Automatic (Recommended)
I'll try a few different settings.

Changing to App Commands causes the keys to work fine
when MC is in focus, but they don't work when out of focus.

Disabled doesn't work at all, same as automatic (recommended).

Hotkeys work fine both in focus and out of focus, so this makes it usable again.

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 08:35:59 am »

On the start page if your connection goes down
you get presented with a page that says you can get
more if you reconnect to the internet.
However once you reconnect there is no way from that page
to actually get back to the normal start page.
You have to move away to a different view and then come back again.
Clicking refresh just refreshes the disconnected page.

Maybe there should be a link back to the ordinary start page?

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 08:57:39 am »

Using [disc #] in thumbnail text does not work
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=discgoneuj4.png

(In that view I could use [Name] which works(Which I still believe is wrong), but
the effect is global anyhow, where ever you use [disc #] nothing comes up?)

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 09:13:40 am »

When Ripping in Secure mode, if the CD ripping fails (ASPI Error?)
because the CD is scratched, MC appears not to tag
the last track ripped correctly?  Further more the last track ripped
is unusable anyhow since the CD Ripping failed.  Should it not be
deleted anyhow?
As the tags are incorrect, the files seem to end up in the wrong place,
effectively ending up with orphaned files away from the album.

This is a bit guesswork based on the fact that I ripped an album the
other day and it failed mid way through, I've now found an orphaned file,
which is just 33 seconds long, rather than the 3 minutes it should be.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 10:55:11 am »

2) MC is FREEZING when you double click real fast from on a stopped (status) video file (does not happen for audio).  I know this is not what a user would normally do, but it still freezing the program everytime this occurs.

Forgot to add that this is happening when you double click the 'PLAY' button from the stopped position real fast.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 05:26:28 pm »

From the playing now view on a group of songs, send to -> playlist -> create playlist, does nothing.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 06:40:24 pm »

Can't perform a library backup again, as MC FREEZES as soon as the folder box pops up.

This seems to be directly tied to changing from panes to tile mode, and then attemtping to perform a backup.  In panes, the backup works fine, but with tile mode MC freezes instantly on the backup dialogue.  You should be able to replicate this one.

*****  Is anyone else, JRiver or beta testers, seeing any of the above MC crashes or freezes I have reported in this thread, or is it my specific system?

Media Center Registered 12.0.44 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1732 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1293 MB, Free - 776 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: SlimtypeDVDRW SOSW-852S   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-852S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 01:52:03 pm »

======================
Command line stuff
mc12.exe "/playreplace TREEPATH=Playlists\viewscheme groups\Logitech\preset1"

The string above works fine if MC is running. If MC is closed, the string launches MC, but does nothing else.
v11.1 would launch and begin playback.

======================
search bar
When typing a search, MC updates the filelist while I type, problem is, when it updates the list, it also selects all in the search bar, so, the next keypress wipes out all that's gone before it.
Still seeing this. It happens in smartlist search bars too.
I'm sure it's connected with the tag window. When it happens, if I close the tag window, it stops happening.

======================
3D vizualisations are only running @ 2 fps, and make MC slow to respond. This is running MC maximised on a 1680 x 1050 screen. If I hide the tree and the file list it drops to zero fps and the pc becomes unuseable.

Setting the application window to 800 x 600, hiding the tree and the filelist, framerate is still only 4 fps. This makes 3D pong unplayable :p

(Nvidia GForce FX 5900XT running on the latest 91.31 forceware drivers)

======================
display view/taskbar issue
Note: My taskbar is along the bottom of the screen, double height..

Display view opens behind the taskbar. It requires a click on the taskbar, then a click on the disply, to bring the display to the front of the taskbar.
I thought this was fixed, but it's not. Try it with some music playing too.

======================
Display View: (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34771.0)
When in diaplay view, images are presented fullscreen with the 'display frame' laid over the top of the image. The display bar across the top can often obscure essential details in the image.

When using two split views, activate the second view and launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.

======================
Action Window: 'Tag'
Why are some tags hidden from us in the specific tags list? Am I right in thinking that currently, we cannot display calculated fields in the tag window?
how do we ascertain the properties of an [image file]? I see that the field is available as a pane, but not as a column. There's no tooltip or right click menu from the image in the tag window.

Tags applied in panes+tagging mode show up in the tag window immediately. Tags applied in the tag window are not evident in the file list (thumbnail text) or panes, until a refresh is performed.

======================
Tree Stuff:
Any root view scheme alphabetically lower than 'audio' can still displace the 'tabs' from their top-level resting place. <--- You fixed this? looks much better now
not fixed. placement now differs depending upon which icon is chosen for the viewscheme. "scheme" achieves the desired result. choosing any other wrecks the tree.

These are still a problem, especially the Playing Now thing..
Playing Now is also still wandering around within the tree window as things are expanded/collapsed

Finding it hard to train myself that the expansion arrows for top level tree nodes are on the right. As you widen the tree, the expanders move further and further
away from their relative text items, then, after expanding, subsequent expanders are to the left of their text items. Maybe I'll get used to it, but atm, it doesn't
make drilling around in the tree a very smooth experience.

I'm still not getting on well with the tree in its current form.

===========

'navigation' seems a tad redundant in its current form. The only thing there that would be out of place on the root of 'View' would be 'find media' which
could probably find a home on the tools menu.
Are there any plans to introduce some form of bookmarking in future builds? It's such a convenient way of getting where you want to be, quickly. Think "My Computer"
locations, or certain smartlists that may be two or three groups deep in the tree? Think jumping about in dual view mode?
still lost without bookmarks. Navigation is sooo slow and tedious.

======================
tools > options > library > library fields:

After adding a library field, does it have to close the library fields and send us back to the default library options page like it does? this fine if we're only adding a single field, but is a pain if we want to add more, or perhaps edit another.

======================
Thumbnails:
when in panes view, viewing image thumbnails, rotating statistics are annoying and most often irrelevant.

======================
Under Investigation
5G iPod
Set to convert when needed using the lame mp3 encoder, number of simultaneous conversions set to two. The sync (not MC) hangs on sync start. The files were flacs. Need to test on non-flacs.

split views
Using split views, activating the secondary view and then exiting MC, MC would freeze, requiring 'end tasked'
rebooted machine, now can't replicate. Never seen this before. It showed up after testing the "active split > display view > non-active split" bug mentioned earlier

search bar
flaky behaviour ranging from unpredictable 'whole string' selection to empty search results that should not be empty.

tag window
clicking a 'standard edit' field to copy the tag contents to the clipboard, then with the field still in edit mode, selecting another file in the file list would more often than not cause a crash of the "media center has encountered a problem and needs to close" variety. Not 100% reproducable.

======================
Wishes
======================

======================

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 02:57:11 pm »

extended desktop
The TV is the secondary display device, and in the display setup, it's configured to the right of the monitor. MC's tooltips do not detect the right edge of the monitors' display area and instead, display out of view in the extended desktop area.

The context menus know where the edge is, and display to the left if there's not enough room to the right. Hopefully tooltips can be given the same 'awareness'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up