INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switch to second sound card  (Read 5605 times)

tpascaru

• Recent member
Switch to second sound card
« on: July 29, 2006, 10:15:33 pm »

Hello,

I am wondering if there is an easy way (plug-in, keyboard shortcut, etc), to switch between the two soundcards in my system? I have one of the soundcards connected to my stereo, and the other to my computer speakers. I can switch from the options menu, but would like something quicker that would let me toggle between the two.

Thanks!
-Ted

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Switch to second sound card
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:47:50 am »

t--
Do you have your soundcards set up as separate zones in MC?  Once you do, switching gets to be considerably easier. 

Near the upper right corner in MC, look for the 3 small buttons to the left and under the search window.  If you Right-click the rightmost one (whose tooltip says "dsp studio (right click for options)), you'll get to the zone manager to set this up.  Then you can right-click here to switch zones on the fly.  The ointment in this fly is that each zone has its own playing now, so if you just want to bounce between soundcards it still isn't completely pain-free, but it's a lot closer.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:12:16 pm »

you can also switch between zones with Ctrl-T

tpascaru

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:39:56 pm »

Excellent! Thanks -- looks like it's time to upgrade from Media Jukebox :)

hobee

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:46:22 pm »

I have a similar setup as tpascaru. But whenever I switch (cntrl T) it goes silent. Why ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:10:47 pm »

Zones are independent.  If you switch to a different zone, you'll need to start playback in it to hear something from that zone.

MC supports any number of independent zones, so you're only constrained by how many physical outputs are on your computer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tpascaru

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 10:04:14 am »

I have a similar setup as tpascaru. But whenever I switch (cntrl T) it goes silent. Why ?

What I found is that each zone has it's unique playlist, so you'll have to synchronize them if you want your playlist to carry over to the zone you're toggling to.

It's a pretty good feature, it would be nicer if you could synchronize and toggle all with a keystroke.

Cheers
-Ted

rowens

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 08:18:05 am »

What I found is that each zone has it's unique playlist, so you'll have to synchronize them if you want your playlist to carry over to the zone you're toggling to.

hmmmm.....I can't seem to find out where one can sync zones.. where does one do this?

Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 08:20:47 am »

Player > Playback Options > Synchronize Current Zone...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 09:01:29 am »

My zones are not in exact synch.  Is that usually the case.  One zone is playing thru my stereo amp and the other thru my computer speakers.  The computer speakers is ahead of the stereo amp??

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 09:20:39 am »

Probably the zones are synchronized when the audio output leaves MC, but the sound cards & drivers have different latencies.

The Zone Manager tool has a timing option that can help a bit. I have configured my second soundcard to have a -80 ms correction, but I couldn't find a setting that is always correct. It seems that the difference varies from time to time.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

fshardon

no sound out put from jriver media player
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 01:17:37 pm »

I gone thru all the trouble shoot  steps evey other media plaver on myPC computer works.Also seeing 2 JRiver media player running when I look task mana
ger
Pages: [1]   Go Up