INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Nomad Zen Xtra Failing  (Read 1218 times)

Peter Lone

Sync Nomad Zen Xtra Failing
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:37:01 pm »

Just upgraded from MC10 to MC11 and am trying to sync with a Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 40GB player.

I think I've set this up so that the files that are currently on my Nomad from a previous computer should sync down to "C:\My Music".  However, I keep getting the following error when I try to sync...

I am not playing the files (which is another issues, MC11 does not play my MP3 files from directly on my device?).  I do have the Notmad Explorer installed, though not running. 

Has anybody else run across this?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

SwellGuy

Re: Sync Nomad Zen Xtra Failing
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:44:24 pm »

Synchronization doesn't work that direction. Syncing is from the computer to the device only.

Peter Lone

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:06:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  So, basically, MC11 allows me to keep my Zen in sync with certain playlists or folders that are on my local computer?  OK, so I can use Notmad Explorer to get the files off of my Zen, put them in a folder and then sync them back?

Also, and I correct in assuming that I cannot play files on my Zen through MC11?  Could I do this if I had an iPod?

Thanks again for your assistance!

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:00:47 am »

You will not be able to play tracks on the Zen Xtra using MC (this is very typical for players that interface with a device using WMDM).

Some devices, like iPod's and other devices that appear as drives when you look in 'My Computer', are treated as such (as drives) and playback via MC is allowed.

Peter Lone

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 06:01:52 am »

Thanks for your help everyone.  I got my answers.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up