INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Video Zones?  (Read 2025 times)

brentc01

Multiple Video Zones?
« on: August 18, 2006, 01:48:13 pm »

I will preface this with an apology if it is posted somewhere else in the forum. I have searched quite a bit and haven't seen it specifically addressed.

I have a CAV6.6 multizone a/v distribution unit and have been looking into using MC to manage 2-3 zones for mp3 playback. This appears to be covered quite well in this forum(Thanks), and with the exceptional plug-in developed by Carl.

However, I would also love to be able to run a couple of audio/video zones for ripped dvd and mpeg playback. Basically extending my desktop to 2 additional outputs (3 total). The part that I want to be sure of, is that I can control the Video/Audio playback independently on the 2 extra video outputs. In other words, in room 1 watch one movie, in room 2 watch another.

I have a Hauppage DVR card with BeyondTV that is working quite well. I had been considering the MediaMVP device for getting the recorded shows and ripped dvd's to my various tv's, but would rather utilize the cav6.6 for that. Not to mention some of the posts in the forum don't have much positive to say about the MVP.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Multiple Video Zones?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 10:19:29 pm »

MC11 does not handle video zones because audio is played in the default device only.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

brentc01

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:24:03 am »

Thanks.

Do you know if there are any plans to add this feature to the next release of MC?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 09:57:26 am »

In MC12, one will be able to select audio renderer for video on a per zone basis.

mickydisco

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 05:30:49 pm »

I am in the same boat! I have my CAb6.6 interfaced to MC11 for multizone audio via Carl's plug-in but would also like to have multizone video/images?

Is this available in the MC12 beta release?

Regards

M

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 05:58:18 pm »

One clarification. The MC12 multi-zone support that I mentioned previously is specifically for audio in the video. Audio output can be sent to any zone you wish. There is no change in how the video image is displayed.

mickydisco

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 07:22:44 am »

So is it possible to stream video or images to separate zones?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 07:48:25 am »

One thing to consider:  With MC12 the video defaults to displaying in the main window - you then have to tell it to 'detach' it to get it to go to another screen.   Once you have 'detached' it, it stays detached for just that session.  Once you close MC it goes back to using the main window again.  This is different than MC11 where it would just automatically go to the last used screen.  It does seem to remember how it was detached previously and goes there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up