INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod album art, tags sync.  (Read 10897 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: iPod album art, tags sync.
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2006, 10:41:35 pm »

Sorry I missed that question. The workaround will have to be reapplied every time you upgrade and every time you run check for updates and it updates your PDT file. We're still discussing how we want to implement the workaround.

Rick,

Thanks for the feedback.

I understand the reapply when I upgrade. 

Are you also saying that just checking for updates sometimes updates the PDT file?  By that I mean if there are no updates, but I check for updates, the PDT file may change and I must reapply the workaround.  I've tested it and so far have not seen the PDT file change just from check for updates.

In any case, this is a great feature.  I really appreciate the workaround and look forward to it being standard.  I'm sure there are alot of other people who would like this that are not technical enough to apply it, so for the short term they cannot benefit from it.

Randy

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2006, 12:13:30 pm »

Sorry I missed that question.

I was not complaining by answering the question myself – I just found out part of the answer myself & wanted to share it - Randy

SwellGuy

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2006, 10:59:54 am »

Magic,

No offense taken and, yes, checking for updates can update the PDT file if a newer one is available.

Rick

Jakester

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2006, 02:37:16 pm »

Any update to making this "workaround" a standard feature?  I'd sure love it as a lossless guy with a 60GB iPod!!!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2006, 03:30:43 pm »

Little Tip:

you know, if you make a new folder in the \Data\ directory called "Custom Resources" and place the edited file in there, it will not be replaced by an upgrade, and will always be used by MC instead of the file that resides in the default folder.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2006, 10:11:19 pm »

Little Tip:

you know, if you make a new folder in the \Data\ directory called "Custom Resources" and place the edited file in there, it will not be replaced by an upgrade, and will always be used by MC instead of the file that resides in the default folder.

What happens of the PDT.XML file changes?  According to Rick something happens even when you check for updates.  Does this file change when upgrades occur?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2006, 01:30:24 am »

The file in \Data\Default Resources\ will be updated if there are changes.

Your custom file that you save in \Data\Custom Resources\ will not be updated and will be the file that MC continues to use.

So...
When installing new versions of MC, even though the file might not have been changed, the installer will still write a new copy of the file, removing any edits you may have made. With an edted copy in the custom resources folder, you don't need to worry about that any longer.
If something stops working, or perhaps you're not seeing a new feature, all you need to remember is that your first task before crying 'foul' is to manually sync the two pdt files.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2006, 10:10:01 am »

Thanks Marco - that is clear. 

BTW - I noticed a version number on the PDT.XML file.  It was 1.0280 when I first started using the workaround.  It is now 1.030.  I guiess this is a simple way to check if the PDT file is out of sync.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up