INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Library Backups are suddenely HUGE -- I Reboot and they're small again.  (Read 921 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I noticed over the last couple days that my Library Backups were suddenely taking noticeably longer to complete.  When I checked the files, I noticed that some of them were HUGE.  MY "Normal" backups are between 2MB and 5MB, but one of the recent ones was 11MB, and today the backup I made was 35MB.  I rebooted, restarted MC, and did another backup (NOTHING had changed) and the backup (which replaced the 35MB one) was now only 2.5MB.

What is causing this?  Why are the backups suddenely so large sometimes, and how is it that simply re-booting causes them to be WAY smaller?  Is this a bug?  This never happened before one of the recent updates.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I'm still seeing similar issues with 11.1.196 (the latest version as of this writing.)  I just did a backup, and it was 4,585 KB.  I then rebooted and immediate did another backup.  Even though NOTHING had changed in MC, the second backup was 2,958 KB.  What's happening here?  Is this normal?  I'm questioning the integrity of my MC backups.

I can send somebody these two backup files if necessary if this would help troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up