INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rightclick > view settings > sort > XXXXX  (Read 1030 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
rightclick > view settings > sort > XXXXX
« on: September 06, 2006, 01:15:46 am »

zxsix mentioned some things he'd like to see added to the list of sort options in one of the build threads, which prompted this thread. I remember AlexB making similar requests when the options first appeared in v11.1

I'd like to [album artist (auto)] in there.

Even more than that, especially for my photos, I really, really, want to have "oldest first" and "newest first".
I have those in my sorting presets list, so everytime I want to reverse the order of the thumbnails, I have to open up customise current view, and load the preset I want.

It got me thinking that instead of the dreaded "options to choose what's on the sort by list" would it not be possible to mirror the "customise current view > sorting > presets > load" list in "right click > view settings > sort > load"

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: rightclick > view settings > sort > XXXXX
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 11:34:22 am »

I'll give this a 'one time' bump because I still think it's a good idea. Naturally, the choices would be mirrored in the auto-show menu too. (the one that shows when you hover over the first breadcrumb in the header area)

Basically, the request is:

If we save sorting presets in the customise view dialogue, can these be made available in the 'view' menus too, to save us from opening up the customise dialogue for the sole purpose of loading a saved sorting preset?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: rightclick > view settings > sort > XXXXX
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:11:06 pm »

It got me thinking that instead of the dreaded "options to choose what's on the sort by list" would it not be possible to mirror the "customise current view > sorting > presets > load" list in "right click > view settings > sort > load"

Absolutely!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up