INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: When converting compilation albums  (Read 1246 times)

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Feature Request: When converting compilation albums
« on: September 09, 2006, 07:55:49 am »

I recently converted a compilation album (multiple artists) from APE to MP3 (keeping both) and needed to move all of the MP3 files back into a single folder. I realized afterwards that I should have unchecked the box which creates folders for Album/Artist in order to prevent the creation of many single track folders.

However, even then I needed to create an album folder manually to get the files to the proper place.

Unless I've missed it (and that's possible), wouldn't it be better if MC could recognize the "multiple artists" album and optionally place the album of converted files under an "assorted" folder just like you can when you rip a CD?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Feature Request: When converting compilation albums
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 08:34:00 am »

I'd like a way to customize what folders are created--I'd mainly like a way to create just Album folders.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 06:22:19 pm »

You could try doing this yourself using "Rename files from properties" by using a conditional expression.

Ie if album artist = (Multiple Artists) put files here, otherwise put files here. I'm at work now, but later on I'll try and figure out the exact expression if you want.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 08:01:59 pm »

You could try doing this yourself using "Rename files from properties" by using a conditional expression.

Ie if album artist = (Multiple Artists) put files here, otherwise put files here. I'm at work now, but later on I'll try and figure out the exact expression if you want.

Thanks for your reply and offer to help.  The expressions get a bit too technical for me, and it didn't even cross my mind that you could place an expression in the "Rename files from properties" box.

My suggestion was to change the behavior when using "Convert Format".  I suppose with the correct expression, the "Rename" command could put the files back into a single folder. If you can figure it out quickly, I'd be curious to see how it works, but please don't spend alot of time on it for my behalf.

I made the corrections manually, and found a workaround by first creating a folder, then pointing to it, but it would be nice if MC could handle "Convert" similar to Ripping for those pesky (multiple artists) CDs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up