INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning/Ripping to NAS with MC  (Read 1696 times)

JONCAT

Burning/Ripping to NAS with MC
« on: September 09, 2006, 09:13:38 am »

I have a rig in the closet that is my video server. It has 4 identical Sony CD-roms for simultaneous burning and ripping. I was able to map the drives okay with x64, the video server is XP, but MC isn't able to access the tracks and thus rip or burn to them.

Not sure if this works with any other apps or it is a limitation of network/OS.

I am planning to move my video hard drive to my main x64 computer and if I could find a way to utilize the 4 Sony drives over the network via an NAS or something, that would be great. Anyone know of any reasonably priced solutions. Would MC be able to burn rip form an NAS loaded with burners?\

thanks a bunch
DC

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Burning/Ripping to NAS with MC
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 08:09:18 am »

How do you then access burners on the NAS?  I had no idea you could even do that--I thought hard drives were your only option for NAS es.

JONCAT

Re: Burning/Ripping to NAS with MC
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 09:52:40 am »

That's what I was asking; it would be nice to have an NAS loaded with burners rather than another PC, which I currently have, sitting in the closet. I turn it on when I need to do mass burning (4 CDs at once), but I have to power it up, virtually connect to it, etc.

Would be great if MC could just see these burners then rip & burn to them. But MC doesn't see mapped network rom drives, only mapped hard drives, so currently I don't think it will work unless the NAS interface is something that MC can handle better.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up