INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change email address for billing  (Read 1211 times)

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
How to change email address for billing
« on: September 15, 2006, 04:50:33 pm »

I recently replaced the motherboard on one of my machines and had to re-install everything. No problems with getting a new Install Key or anything.

But.. I noticed the email with the subject 'Temporary Install Key for JRiver, Inc. Media Center 10' was sent to an old email address that I rarely use anymore. How do I change my email address so future correspondance goes to the right address? The email address for billing must be different than the one stored in my profile for the forum.

There is an online form for changing the email address, but you need to enter the old email address and a password for it to work. I have no idea what this password would be, it's been several years since I first registered.

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re: How to change email address for billing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 04:53:45 pm »

Isn't it just your reg code?
Cheers
Rob

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 05:08:34 pm »

No, it specifically asks for a password. I tried the reg code and it didn't work.

Anyhow, I did finally guess a password - it was just a process of elimination to go through the dozen or so passwords that I might use. At least most sites have a mechanism to help you get your password or create a new one (I still have nightmares about forgetting my lock combinations, not to mention walking in the halls in just my underwear or forgetting to attend a final exam -- you know you need serious help when you dream that you are really late for the exam, and you rush to your locker in only your underwear, but you forget the combination)  :))

Now I received another install key and it was sent to the right email address. Unfortunately it also used up a couple of installs in the process. Hopefully I won't need to do this much more this year.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:48:55 pm »

it specifically asks for a password

yep i looked at it.

there should be an option to send the password to your old address, but that would be kind of useless if you no longer had that e-mail account.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 05:57:14 pm »

Hi Gregg,

Don't worry about the additional installs, we'll fix it if needed.

Sorry about the password hassle, we don't run into this often and usually just handle them on a case by case basis.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up