INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synching smartlists  (Read 1224 times)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Synching smartlists
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:46:53 am »

I had a smartlist for a limit of 300 tracks rated =>4.  I synched the iPod and it appeared as a playlist as expected.  Then I changed my smartlist to exclude a certain genre and upped the limit to 500 tracks.  When I synched again the number of tracks in the playlist reduced to 292 :( 

I'm thinking this must be because MC does not support dynamic playlists and all it has done is remove tracks that are no longer in the smartlist but not replaced them with new ones because the other 208 tracks are already on the iPod in an album.  Would this be the case?  If so is there a workaround to resync the playlist and get my 500 tracks?  Delete it maybe then add it again?
JLee

razumik

• World Citizen
Re: Synching smartlists
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 09:53:55 pm »

You really should not have to delete the playlist and then re-sync.  Whatever the playlist is showing in MC it should be transferring to the Ipod.

How many songs show up when you view the playlist in MC?

The only other thing that I would think might cause this, is if the 208 files were in a different format that the others and you did not have MC set to "convert audio when necessary" so the files did not transfer...but you said they were on the Ipod in an album?

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 02:35:55 am »

When I view the playlist in MC all 500 songs show up.  They are all MP3s so should xfer to iPod no problem.

Yes, I said the tracks (the new ones in the smartlist that need to be transferred) were in an album that was already on the iPod (synched from another playlist) so maybe that's why they were not transferred and added to my 500 track playlist.
JLee

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 07:18:36 am »

It should not matter if the files are already on the Ipod.  I have plently of playlists that change everyday and have not had an issue with songs not showing up once they have been synced to the Ipod. 

When you sync, do you have it set to sync "All Music" or "Selected Playlists".  I seem to recall an issue about a year ago when someone was having trouble with playlists updating when they had "All Music" selected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up