INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Library  (Read 1872 times)

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
New Library
« on: September 22, 2006, 10:16:21 pm »

I converted my library of .ape files to .mp3, moved them to another folder and imported my new library of mp3’s into MC.

Now is there anyway to copy the tag info and thumbnails from my ape library over to my identical mp3 library?

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: New Library
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 08:35:01 pm »

Alot of questions seem to go unanswered on this "support" forum ?

Noman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 02:47:42 am »

When I convert from ape to mp3 in MC the the mp3 file get the same tags as the ape had?  ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 07:30:15 am »

I converted my library of .ape files to .mp3, moved them to another folder and imported my new library of mp3’s into MC.

Now is there anyway to copy the tag info and thumbnails from my ape library over to my identical mp3 library?

if the Tag info was in APE, and mp3s were created using Media Center then the mp3's should have all the tag info inside the MP3's

Not sure if you have save coverart inside file, but if you do how do you know that the imges are not already in the mp3?

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 10:07:20 am »

IF you had written the library to the tag'sin the first place, then you'd be OK.
If you did not, then you should have cloned your library and run the conversion within MC, thus keeping your tag references (i.e. the library) intact.  You could hten chose to write the tags later if necessary.

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 11:26:13 am »

I don’t know I must have done something wrong then. It saved some tags but scrambled my assorted artist folder and most of my ratings so I gathered up all the stranglers and put them back into the Assorted folder.

When I converted from ape to mp3 I selected all then enabled “Move to location” and “Create artist/album subdirectories here”, before converting. I have, save cover art inside file enabled but only the albums with a folder.jpg inside showed thumbnails. I was able to “Quick find in file/Cover art directory” for the rest of them. Internet lookup is still broken in the latest build.

IF you had written the library to the tag'sin the first place, then you'd be OK.
If you did not, then you should have cloned your library and run the conversion within MC, thus keeping your tag references (i.e. the library) intact.  You could hten chose to write the tags later if necessary.

That’s what I think I’m looking for, I have manually updated my new library already however I think I’m going to back it up and try that just for the know how. Not sure the different extensions wont be a problem yet but thanks.

221bBS

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 10:49:42 am »

If your planning on doing it again, I say try the following...Clone your Ape Library
File > Library > Library Manager...
Press "Add" button and clone from your Ape library and "Load" your new library
Goto Options > File location and check the "Store images in tags also" box
Select all the files you want converted
Tools > Library Tools > Convert Format...
Press "Options" and goto "Converter"
Enable "Move to location" and fill in the base location
Check the "Create artist/ablum subdirectories here" box
Check the "Update database" box
goto Encoding and select what ever you wanna convert to
Press "OK" and convert your files
afterwards do a search for your ape files and delete them from your library only

You should end up with only your converted files with all there tags.

I would test this out with a a few sample files first  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up