INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: building a HTPC...  (Read 1325 times)

RobotX

• Recent member
building a HTPC...
« on: September 23, 2006, 05:15:45 pm »

I'm currently building a HTPC. I've always used MC as my music software but for little else. But now that I'm investigating full media control options I began to look further at the rest of MC. Compared to MCE, BeyondTV and SageTV, MC is definitely behind in it look and feel, Theater view is very clunky and outdated. I'm hoping v12 will address this. But how about it's usefullness as a PVR? Has as much attention been put into that as it's music side? Is QAM support in the future? How well does it play HDTV? Good dvd support and plugin friendly? Good aspect ratio control? Good picture quality and audio quality? Does it allow use of outside decoder filters such as NVidia PureVideo? General feelings?

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
Re: building a HTPC...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 02:47:28 pm »

Have you thought about a media device instead?
I was going to build a HTPC but saw a d-link dsm-320rd that was on sale and took a chance on it
It looks just like a dvd player and is silent (big plus point)
It plays video/photo/audio/flash cards/dvd's/internet videos and the videos look much better on the tv than when I wired up my pc  to it

It's not the best device in the world (you get what you pay for and it was only £120) and has a few annoying 'features' but overall I'm glad I got it
So far the best piece of software to use with it is TVersity
It beats the pants off MC's Upnp server, but you do lose the customizablity of MC unfortunately
Pages: [1]   Go Up