INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: joshhuggins: Re: Media Center 12.0.78  (Read 1754 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
joshhuggins: Re: Media Center 12.0.78
« on: September 27, 2006, 01:49:51 am »

I like the new view header, yea glynor!

On to buggies. I have been re-ripping (to mp3 320) some of my old CD's and hunting down images online for them all night and about every 5th or 6th CD it seems fails looking up the online data from YADB, then seems Media center crashes and the autoplay dialog box pops up.

It seems like cover art is about 50% accurate, where as album lookups seems pretty good at finding the right album. It would sure be cool if the YADB popup could run the image locator and let us pick an image from all the options it finds then maybe could report back which image was selected so the accuracy could be enhanced.

Thanks!

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: joshhuggins: Re: Media Center 12.0.78
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:59:35 am »

On to buggies. I have been re-ripping (to mp3 320) some of my old CD's and hunting down images online for them all night and about every 5th or 6th CD it seems fails looking up the online data from YADB, then seems Media center crashes and the autoplay dialog box pops up.

How exactly are you achieving this?

Is it the cd track list lookup or the album art lookup?

Does the lookup work later?  Fail later?  Do you have a log of this?

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 03:28:13 pm »

I'll be doing some more ripping tonight, so I'll see if I can hunt down the log file when it crashes again. Don't know where they are going to yet.
Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:33:16 pm »

They get saved to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\ by default.  You can easily access them from within MC by going to Help --> Logging and clicking on the Current --> View or Previous --> View links (the Previous one is from the "last run" of MC, the Current one is from the run you're in at the time).

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:45:50 am »

This happened several times again tonight (didn't get to play last night). Here is the last log when it happened. It seems like it's when I leave the CD tray open for more than a few minutes after the disc ejects after ripping and then put in another disc. Doesn't seem to do it if I swap the discs quickly, I may be dreaming though, it getting late.
Previous Log (zipped)
Thanks!

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 10:08:27 am »

Hi,

Still not able to duplicate this failure.

Could you make sure "reader" is enabled in logging and if you see this again please post another log?

Thanks!

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 10:44:59 pm »

Hi DP, (mind if I call ya DP?)

I replaced the log above with another occurance of the crash, and verified that yes reader is enabled. This time I had just opened up Media Center (v.12.0.81, was going to launch interact to get .85), toggled around in a few audio menus, put in the first disc I was going to burn and it crashed after it said it failed the YADB lookup. I'm going to upgrade to .85 now on this system.

New log file
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up